Gold, I need some

Leveller

Ok, probably a silly question, but:

I'm about 26 hours in, I've completed a bundle of side quests and I think I have 2 parts remaining in the main quest.

Now, I don't think that at any point I've had more than 3,000 gold (I'm around that figure at the moment), is there something I'm doing wrong on the gold front or is that a realistic level for how far in I am (I've paid to have my enchanted weapons filled back up again once or twice which isn't cheap).

I've not joined a guild yet (although I am an honorary knight of the thorn), is this the reason I don't seem to be bringing in the green like some people seem to? Should I focus on joining a guild now and will that help, it's just getting frustrating being offered houses, horses etc. that I can't afford.

I dont' want to use any exploits to get money, and I'm playing on the 360 so I definitely couldn't enter consol commands anyway.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and I need some lockpicks if anyone's got some going spare ;)

Edited by Leveller

I found gold to be a real pain up until about level 10-15. Then your

opponents start wearing and wielding much better weapons and armor

that you can sell for more money. I'm now at level 25 and I own every

house available. Have'nt even touched the main quest yet! LOL! probably

gonna be a killer when I do. Do some side quests, un-guild related, especially

thieves dens. Very lucrative. Also, I really started to find my way in some lucrative

goblin lairs north of Cheydinhal and Skingrad. (Goblin Jim's cave is a nice one!)

Talk to some people in those cities and look for some sidequests.

Speaking of charging magic items, if I have a soul stone and a soul trap spell, is there a certain level I need to be at on the magic side to trap souls?

I'm a Nord/Knight with very little skill on the magic front (highest skills are Blade and Heavy Armor, one of the lowest is intelligence), so do I need to join the mages guild to build up my skills on that front to be able to do this?

Have tried and wasted at least 2 spells so far.

Speaking of charging magic items, if I have a soul stone and a soul trap spell, is there a certain level I need to be at on the magic side to trap souls?

I'm a Nord/Knight with very little skill on the magic front (highest skills are Blade and Heavy Armor, one of the lowest is intelligence), so do I need to join the mages guild to build up my skills on that front to be able to do this?

Have tried and wasted at least 2 spells so far.

Yeah I'm not sure...I just started a new character as a mage and have been trying to cast soul trap on oponents to trap their souls but it never seems to do anything...I have empty soul gems of all sizes and have tried casting the spell multiple times on one enemy...what gives? ...I need a bow with soul trap...that would be nice...

I'm a Nord/Knight Anonymo with very little skill on the magic front (highest skills are Blade and Heavy Armor, one of the lowest is intelligence)

And this explains why Mo is such a Leaf's fan :biglaugha:

(refer to this post for the reason for this hijack) :)

HAHAHAHAHA...you keep scraping the bottom of the barrel buddy! You know how long scuba's been looking for the right post to get me back with...days! LoL...and the feud continuez