Harsh or funny?

*BiGBonES**

****BEFORE CLICKING ON THE LINK, BEWARE THAT SOME TEXT ON THE VIDEO CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE***

TO SKIP BAD LANGUAGE, START VIDEO AT 2.25 ON THE CLOCK and read my into first to work out whats going on. You dont have to be a WoW fan, or know what on earth its about, it should make sense:

Your about to witness a WoW funeral. A guy died in real life, and due to him spending most of his time on WoW, his family decided to host a funeral in the WoW world and invited all the members of his guild to join and gather for some type ceremony.

A group of guys get this news, and decide to pay a visit. See the link below for the results.

WoW Funeral

So, is this funny or really out of order, or both? My view of the subject is that its an online funeral, what did the guild expect to happen? :biglaugha:

I saw this on Half-Life Fallout a few weeks ago. I don't know what these people were thinking.

I don't care how much someone plays a game you don't have a mock funeral which is open to any sort of interference from other players. They should have had a private IRC chat or Ventrillo server.

I've never played WoW but aren't there places that are somewhat safe? These people seem to be in the middle of some dungeon with water. Which apparentely, anyone can easily access.

I'm actually happy they got attacked. Maybe others will learn from this:

THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT WILL BE HAPPY TO RUIN YOUR DAY.

(edited)

Well skip all the bad forum comments at the start, which in my opinion are irrelevant, and start the video at 2.20.

You see the funeral group gathering in a long line near the water, I assume the person on the waters edge is the dead guy's character in WoW. This group of people are represented by the sad slow music.

Then you see a line of people, another guild, perhaps using some types of hacks I dont know (they seem to be invisible sometimes during the big fight) gather along a lond road running towards the funeral place.

The scenes keep switching until eventually the naughty guild get to the funeral area near the water, and start killing all the people in that long line who are waiting to pay their final repsect or something. The music goes crazy here and all of hell break loose performing spells everywhere, completely disrupting the funeral.

The majority of the dead guys will be the people who were part of the funeral service, because as someone mentioned, they were probably eating and drinking at the computer, totally oblivious to the fact that a whole guild is about to turn up and start attacking them

Edited by *BiGBonES**

Thanks. Now it makes some sense. I wasn't put off by the language. I just thought it inappropriate for a funeral. Now I see that the real intent of the video wasn't so much to display the funeral as to display the bad manners of the invaders.

I used to play wow, and have to say that is just funny. They weren't in any dungeon, just an open area by a lake. It is a remote region though... but just the same, anyone can get there.

They should have known better then to do that online. LOL.

Also: invisibility is part of the characters, rogues and druids have a form of invisibilty to get the drop on their enemies...

BB got it right with the story line though.

Edited by benjester

soooo.......there's a bunch of ppl in a 'guild' (i'm assuming it's like a clan of sorts that goes and does stuff together in WOW) so they make a 'pretend' funeral for one of its members (cause he's not gonna play WOW no more or something of sorts), they do it online in the 'world' and other 'guild' comes and kills them all? Is that what's happening? 11.gif

soooo.......there's a bunch of ppl in a 'guild' (i'm assuming it's like a clan of sorts that goes and does stuff together in WOW) so they make a 'pretend' funeral for one of its members (cause he's not gonna play WOW no more or something of sorts), they do it online in the 'world' and other 'guild' comes and kills them all? Is that what's happening? 11.gif

Pretty much.

Someone needs to edit my topic title, this typo is making me look like an idiot :bang:

You're close Vovik, it's not that the guy isn't going to play WoW anymore, which he isn't, it's becuase he died in real life.

quite.

for some of us here, we could equate it to if we had a gathering in server when Bob Lee died, and a bunch of people heard about it and decided it would be funny to come in and cause as much havoc as they could.

funny?

not at all. The people who did it and thought they'd be funny deserve nothing more than a swift kick in the nuts.

were the WoW people stupid for having their funeral in game?

quite. but just because they didn't expect the internet to be full of morons, doesn't mean they deserve to have those morons crash their party.

quite.

for some of us here, we could equate it to if we had a gathering in server when Bob Lee died, and a bunch of people heard about it and decided it would be funny to come in and cause as much havoc as they could.

funny?

not at all. The people who did it and thought they'd be funny deserve nothing more than a swift kick in the nuts.

were the WoW people stupid for having their funeral in game?

quite. but just because they didn't expect the internet to be full of morons, doesn't mean they deserve to have those morons crash their party.

Good post, it isn't really funny when its someone you know and respect, the bob lee example is a good one!

On a sidenote, from what I've gathered of bob the famous quick to ban admin, if you guys did actually have a bob lee server gathering and some annoying people joined, wouldn't it be a tribute to bob to have 24 admins all simultaneously ban the same player with in 2 seconds of them joining?

On a sidenote, from what I've gathered of bob the famous quick to ban admin, if you guys did actually have a bob lee server gathering and some annoying people joined, wouldn't it be a tribute to bob to have 24 admins all simultaneously ban the same player with in 2 seconds of them joining?

very much so actually.

I don't think that was funny in the slightest. It was disgusting, really.

Yes, it was foolish to have an on-line funeral in an open area, but that is absolutely no excuse for such debasing actions by the other people.

Some people really make me sick on this world wide web.

A couple points:

1. If I had known they were having an online funeral for a gamer I would have respected that and would have paid my respects or avoided the area. Jerks in real life are bigger jerks online and wont respect that.

2. The people in the funeral should have realized that people in the game will try to disrupt the funeral becuz of the aforementioned jerks that exist in the world and online.

3. Eventhough its a funeral Id have to say thats its ironic and a little funny that even in death someone will try to p0wn you in an online game. :D