To all MCC VIII players

wayfarer

First of all I want to thank everyone who helped make this tournament

happen through they're hard work, Magruter, Bubblegumbandit, and all

the captains. (the ones who decided to show up)

For the most part this tournament is so far a success. There are

however a number of players who have just decided they want no part

of this, despite signing up for this event in the forums. I have

no idea why this decision was taken by so many players, or

why for some teams scheduleing matches is a problem and for

others it is not. Decoy losing his labtop is IMO a good reason

for having trouble getting involved. I'm sorry he lost his labtop.

For the rest of you who are not responding in your private forums

or showing up for matches I will say this; You have made this

tournament miserable for the rest of your team! Here are some things

you should know;

sports·man·ship ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrtsmn-shp, sprts-)

The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.

Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.

We at GamersCoalition believe that:

-games are meant to be fun. When something is not fun, something needs to change.

-you can enjoy gaming without cussing, putting people down, or riding on your own ego. In fact, the games are much more fun without these things.

-belonging to something still has merit. GC is looked at by many as an online family.

-all members choose their own level of involvement.

-while we can be a diverse group, we can still treat each other with respect.

-all members have a role to play in the big picture.

-we have a responsibility to hold each other accountable.

GamersCoalition Members will...

-understand the standards to be upheld by GC and support these standards by first modeling them.

-keep dues up to date, understanding that GC only runs through the investments of members

-acknowledge that by becoming GC, they are held to higher standardshead than the rest of our online community, and expected to maintain them.

-provide information to help webmasters, server admins, etc, in a timely manner.

-participate in all major decisions or gracefully accept a decision made in which they voluntarily took no part.

-Promote the GC community, when possible but not overly, to visitors to our servers and website.

GamersCoalition Administrators will...

-be familiar with, understand, and adhere to the entire admin policy (below) at all times.

-set the example for all GC members and public clients of the GC servers by maintaining the accepted GC standardshead.

-monitor the forums and volunteer to moderate whenever possible

-use whatever action necessary to maintain a fun server environment

-be accountable for any and all uses of admin powers at all times

-Be responsible and carry out duties to which they commit. Don't say you can do something and then not do it. As an admin/board member, you are relied on by the community and the guild to support them. With greater power, comes greater responsibility. Act accordingly.

I apoligize to those people that have experienced the poor sportsmanship and lack

of responsability from those that committed to make MCC VIII a fun tournament and

then dissapeared.

Way,i know alot of my posts sounded degrading. It was just the frustration of the point your making. It affected our team big time! I appreciate what you bubble and Mag have done.

This community is a real treat for online gamers. Sometimes you take it for granted. It is a real treat fellas.

Ty Wayfarer :D

Without ringers, Wolverine wouldn't have been able to play a couple of games. So it's kind of like a bad situation that is really just an opportunity to thank people. Thanks to some deadbeats we got to see how many other folks stepped up. That's a good story. It's the kind of story that doesn't get covered on the main stream news all that much.

So, as it always is, the best of times were the worst of times. In a time of challenge, people step up. Maybe that rings especially true with this season's theme: Superheroes VS Villians.

I'm glad I had the chance to play with Bub and Scuba and get to know a couple of people that I might not have had at the top of the list of people to shake hands with at Frag Fest.

In a couple months it'll be summer. And rather than the 75 choke from the server two weeks ago or the 48 choke from last night, or this strategy or that mouse pad...We'll get a chance to kick back in person. Watch the other person over their shoulder. Drink a beer, make eye contact. And I know that I'll be looking up people like Wayfarer and Shazz and Scuba and saying thanks for the mixed-teams season.

:peace: Eh? It wasn't all bad! GGA. :luxhello:

MCC has been a blast every time I play in it. Bub, Mag, and Way, did a great job this season. I also want to thank the members of team Hulk who decided to stick with the team, and the ringers that graciously decided to help us out.

Thanks for setting up MCC VIII! Im really enjoying it, even with a lil bit of drama.

The good thing is that we can learn from our mistakes this season and make new rules and such next time around with the info we now have.

Have to agree with all the above posts, thanks to all involved in organising this it's been great so far.

I know a few people had expressed concerns about the mixed up teams, but I've gotta say thanks for doing this, I know Chief's said it already, but it's really given us an opportunity to mix it up a bit, I've got to know a couple of people I probably wouldn't have otherwise, MW Stock and West Coast players primarily, and it's shown me what a great bunch of people we have frequenting the GC servers.

If nothing else, it's certainly made me want to fly out to California early so I can get back in time for FF and meet some more great people.

chardonnay? what size skirt do you wear?
'THE MACALLAN' 30 YEAR OLD 'FINE OAK' HIGHLAND SINGLE MALT

Great Britain | The Macallan-Glenlivet Distillery

VINTAGES 656553 | 750 mL | $ 899.95

*drool

I went to whiskeyfest in chicago a few years ago and got to taste a bunch of 25-35 year scotches. My goodness.

Thanks a lot Way for running this MC. You did alot for my team by helping us set up a match then coming in and playing knowing we would be short. I can't imagin how much work was put into this to keep it all going. Nice Job! Can't wait till the next MC!

First of all thanks for the opportunity for the organizers. They made an excellent job putting this event series together. Everything from prep through forums, servers, scoring and follow-up was great.

I was looking forward to this since it got announced as I haven't had the opportunity to be part of this in the past. (newcomer) Although the event as a whole worked really well, from my personal perspective the whole event was a struggle. My team had really great players and skills but somehow it was always difficult to get the 5 together when it was needed. Long story but it does not really matter now.

As it was pointed out in the first post individuals decided to join the event have responsibilites. What I would like to highlight is the need for timely communication. It is not a problem if somebody has an issue and can't come when was agreed. The problem is if they don't communicate and let others know about it. In the today's world I can hardly believe that people can not get access to e-mail or a phone during any day...

All in all I'm looking forward to similar events in the future, however advise the organizers to make the sign-up a bit more "certified" so whoever signs up understands that it's serious...

• 2 weeks later...

I thank you all a lot..We got to play with people we would not have ever gotten the change to know and play with. Now more and more of the community is in touch with each other and I THINK that is what this MCC was for, and WAS A GREAT win for CG.