de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_dam_facility_fixed

de_lost

de_losttemple

de_russka

de_thematrix_11

u guys got any other requests? linker me.

de_newportbeach

This is a sweet map that's usually very balanced. Really, a good map that everyone seems to enjoy. Already loaded on Mayhem.

thm_1559b.jpg

de_dam_facility_fixed

This is a pretty cool map. It's not as big as it seems. de_dam_facility_beta2 is already loaded on Mayhem, this new "fixed" version was released 5 days ago so the older version has been removed from CSBanana.

thm_7923a.jpg

cs_thunder2006

This map looks nice; I've only played it once during map night. Might be worth looking at. Already loaded on Mayhem.

thm_6766c.jpg

cs_kismayo

What else is a dead horse good for anyway? I do honestly think this is the best cs_ map available (i.e. better than cs_office), and possibly the best map overall. Already loaded on Mayhem.

thm_3428d.jpg

If you want to check these out and see how they play, I doubt any except Thunder would put much of a dent in the traffic on Mayhem if you set it as nextmap. Thunder would probably cause a lot of downloads, even on a Saturday Night.

ya...i also have been playing a few dimension maps that are cool. I was thinking about putting in a req for a custom map build I would pay for. One of the maps is HDR and really cool. I like the ones mookie put up..I do miss the kisymo map.

is the feedback still good on that berotha map?

It seems to be. It's still at a point where every time it comes up there are some players who've never seen it, but it's generally making for even games with fast rounds. It's actually a bit more complex and interesting than it looks. Oddly, the complaint I've heard most is "Why are we trying to blow this up?" :shrug03:

There should be a NAV file on the server you can grab if you want to take this one, none was included in the map download for some reason.

I was just looking at the comments for cs_kismayo. I wonder what happened with the spawn points/naming, since I've never seen people unable to join teams. You probably forgot that you and Shep have both posted comments there (back in August 05).

Oh I probably should mention that I have no idea what an AWP would do to any of those maps. I've only seen kismayo once while mani was broken, and Vovik kept the game even by switching every few rounds and got an obscene number of kills.

I've never understood the reluctance to put lots of spawn points in. If someone wants to try your tiny map with 64v64, I'd say go for it.

GC Alumni

hrm. i just checked russka @ fps banana. it claims there are 24 spawn points. i'm guessing 14 at t spawn, 10 at ct spawn. i've had to slap a couple users apart on the ct side.

the awp experiment will be interesting. here's the current maplist (minus css stock maps):

cs_kismayo

de_3rdstreet

de_beroth_beta

de_contra

de_cpl_fire

de_cpl_mill

de_dam_facility_fixed

de_lost

de_losttemple

de_russka

de_thematrix_11

hrm. i just checked russka @ fps banana. it claims there are 24 spawn points.

It probably is 12v12. I've actually seen people on GC servers get stuck in each other on de_dust2 as well, clearly not for lack of spawns. When there aren't enough spawn points it won't let players join that team, that's happened on a few maps on Sat Night before (10v10 seems to be a common choice).

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I used to play on the machine.org server with Novalin, who made this map,(de_Cefalu) and I'd really like to see it added. It's balanced and such a nice looking map. Plus, nothing like shooting people in a church, John Woo style!

pics:

http://csm2.net/view_map.php?map_id=2631

download link:

http://csm2.net/download.php?map_id=2631&P...b0274bbc7a0fee8

info:

Created by dF|novalin, maker of de_residentevil. Medium/large sized map featuring a church, market area, village, and ruins. Map is very balanced: play-tested on themachine.org and the rounds came out even 360 to 360 (720 rounds played total). Map has a lot of variations in elevations and 4 primary routes. Map and church are loosely based of the city Cefalu in Sicily. This is my second map, and you can view all my projects at my website: www.dangerforce.com

Edited by aMnesiac

We played Cefalu on Saturday Night Customs maybe a month or more back. It's a nice map with an interesting layout, and has some interesting positions for snipers to cover the bombsites.

GC Alumni

:unsure:

the rar i just got from csm2 has a lone .bsp. won't the server try to create a .nav file the first time the map is loaded with bots? hint: the answer is not turn off the bots.

"Hey Farva. Whats the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy poop on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

Yeah but the NAV file is zipped into the BSP. It's what smart mappers do with their custom textures instead of using a RES file, but it can also be used to keep the NAV and TXT file (which would download automatically even without a RES file). It's in there, just launch a game with bots on your own PC.

Also, turning off the bots is a perfectly acceptable answer.