MCC VIII

wayfarer

just so you're aware, i'm in cuba next week. i have arranged with hulk to play wednesday (tomorrow) at 9est. tonight, wednesday, thursday, friday, are my only avaiable days before the 15th of May. obviously, i'd like to play in the playoffs. i was going to bring this up if we won the semis and were in the finals. if you decide the show must go on please schedule with another of my teammates. muffin has been the most active and available so i'd recommend him as a captain in my absense.

Is this "debate" over who is going to be in the playoffs, something we should be privy to or are we just going to be told who's through and who isn't?

the just of it:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...ndpost&p=329921

I'm sure it will be explained once a decision has been made. Either that or it may be explained and then a vote or something. Dunno. We're working on what would be the "fairest/most fair" way to handle it.

Here's the deal. Although everything is nice and neat on the superhero side,

the same cannot be said for the villan side. Because one team collapsed midway

through the tournament and some people got penalized for forfeits while

others did not, it might seem unfair to some. To level the playing field a little

we have decided to do this;

Top three teams advance. Top seeded teams get a "bye" to the

second round. (Punisher & Diablo will get the bye)

Second place superheros (Hulk) will play third place villan (Green Goblin)

Second place villan (Magneto) will play third place superhero (Superman)

Second round will be decided by current points standings if need be.

This leaves no doubts as to who "should have" made it into the finals.

-Pay attention Superman, Green Goblin, you guys are now in the playoffs!!

-Cujo, when do you return from your trip?

I really like the way you guys have worked that out, mixes it up a bit more, I did think the forfeit games would cause some issues. Seems like the best way to deal with it.

So when do we have to get these played by?

This week is just about done, and this is the playoffs so you'll

want everyone available if possible. Take your time you

should get your match done as soon as you can but if you

need a week you can have a week. Say by next Wednesday.

i have arranged with hulk to play wednesday (tomorrow) at 9est.

did i miss something? That's a little soon...

I'll try to get five guys by then, not sure i'll be able to though.

sorry. i think in the other post yo mamma posted wednesday or something. i know it got it from somewhere but his post has disappeared from teh topic.

anyway, sounds good wayfarer. i'll be available to play on monday from monday the 15th on.

Did Diablo get all 30 rds outta Lex's forfeit. Thats the only way they could be ahead of us? Cut those 30 in half like the rest and we are in 1st!

This is true seeing as we were tied before our makeup match. Oh well, I dont mind. Playoffs are playoffs.

you've got a good team. i think you should be in first. i do like the way it's worked out though as i'm away for a week and thankfully won't have to miss any games. :)

Just to clear the numbers up...(did you guys lose your calcs :unsure: )

Magneto's final rounds (won/lost) 104-46

Diablo's final rounds 76 (+w/e for the forfiet they somehow won)-74

GG 73-77 (assuming they get 30 loss for a forfiet...don't know why I'd assume that considering...)

Anyways...just so people know the actual final standings...I'm still trying to figure out why it's so difficult to just add up the win/loss columns and just institute a no point gain and no win gain on a forfiet like it was for us...why did we go to all the trouble of rescheduling our match when we coulda just taken the 30+ rounds and an automatic win? becuase there was/is some weird double standard that I'm not aware of and it really makes me confussled cause I don't see wayf or bub as doing this maliciously...and what does that -MU- stand for beside our points for the match against diablo? :unsure::unsure:

Can anyone shed some light on the subject...I'm just so confused as to what's going on...and why does cujo get to go to cuba?! I want to go to cuba!!! :(

Just to clear the numbers up...(did you guys lose your calcs :unsure: )

Magneto's final rounds (won/lost) 104-46

Diablo's final rounds 76 (+w/e for the forfiet they somehow won)-74

GG 73-77 (assuming they get 30 loss for a forfiet...don't know why I'd assume that considering...)

Anyways...just so people know the actual final standings...I'm still trying to figure out why it's so difficult to just add up the win/loss columns and just institute a no point gain and no win gain on a forfiet like it was for us...why did we go to all the trouble of rescheduling our match when we coulda just taken the 30+ rounds and an automatic win? becuase there was/is some weird double standard that I'm not aware of and it really makes me confussled cause I don't see wayf or bub as doing this maliciously...and what does that -MU- stand for beside our points for the match against diablo? :unsure::unsure:

Can anyone shed some light on the subject...I'm just so confused as to what's going on...and why does cujo get to go to cuba?! I want to go to cuba!!! :(

Ok here goes. I don't want to hear anymore about it after this. In the first forfeit it was decided that both teams take a loss and - 30 rounds because we were unable to decipher whose "fault" it was that the forfeit happened. Later down the road in the 5th round it was decided that it was Lex's fault for "that" forfeit and thus they got the loss, whoever got the win and the 30 rounds. In the mean time there was a make-up match (-MU-). It was decided that these teams only got "half" of their win rounds because it was a make up and they were not able to get the match done in a timely manner. Confused yet?

Now, at the end of the season as Bub is tabulating it is discovered that Lex forfeited their last three matches....not really "fair" to give some teams points and not give some teams points when it was the same team that forfeited and they show a pattern of forfeiting. Now, what do we do about this? If we treated all forfiets the same, we get one result, if we continue the course we get another result. The only side that it really affects is the Villian's side since there were no forfeits on the superhero's side. Now, we have two teams assuming they are going into the playoffs. If we take what seems to be the "fair" route, then one team that thinks they're in the playoffs gets bumped out of the playoffs and one that isn't it comes into the playoffs.

We felt, to make it totally fair, we bring the top 3 teams in and let them battle it out. Yes, the standings and who gets the bye could be different. But we're not going to argue about it, read my above post. Fight it out in the playoffs, if you are meant to be at the top, you will be.

That's it, that's what happened, that's how it was dealt with. We could go back, drop all of Lex's matches and tabulate from there. However, different teams would play against each other and we already have people making plans to play. Drop it, play your matches and may the best team win.

Good Call Way and others, it should be fun to play in the playoffs.

Yeah it's no biggie..just wanted Cujo to know especially that Magneto is really 1st! :)

As for Magneto.....I believe we(Green Goblins) beat you the first week :D. What map is this weeks playoff match anyways?

this is all learning for the next one.

tkc, weird how it all worked out. after beating you i figured we had it easy against magneto. i ended up playing horribly on russka as i didn't know the map really at all and we lost just barely. we had a couple really good ringers though so who knows how it would have turned out. i really hope we make the finals cause i love train. not too excited about temple.

The villian side of things was extremely difficult, believe me! Not

only did LL forfeit the last three matches, but those matches were

perhaps the most important because of the way you guys landed!

Green Goblin over Magneto

Magneto over Diablo

Diablo over Green Goblin

There would have been a serious dogfight for the two

playoff spots, possibly even tie-breaker matches! The Ref has spoken!

(edited)

No matter what i say or anyone else,you guys did a great job. Whats a tourney without people fighting for position you know. Playoffs is a fresh start no matter what the #(seed).

Bubble trust me, we appreciate all you do. p.s. Wayfarer too...

Edited by StepBack