ESRB smacks on a new M rating for Oblivion

Allanon

I can't tell how much the modders edited the file. The Gamespot article says it was a locked-out file that the modders just enabled, but it also says the files were modified. If the file was always there it's Bethesda fault, but if modders changed the art file completely to make female characters appear nude, the ESRB is just being silly. The ESRB also said the game had "more detailed depictions of blood and gore than were considered in the original rating", which Bethesda said it haden't.

I also don't see why the Xbox 360 version's rating was changed, the Xbox version can't even be modded to use the files.

If I was Bethesda right now I'd be adding dismemberment, grotesque amounts of blood and everything else I could think of to make the M rating worthwhile.

Similar thing to the Hot Coffee problem...you couldn't get to it without modding the game. But since the code is there...wham...rating change.

It was possible to do it without modding it...you had to put in a combination of cheat codes to get it to work, but you can't find out how to do it now...at least I can't find it anymore, but I know you didn't have to mod it...this was for ps2 btw

(edited)
From what I've heard it's not so much a mod in Oblivion either, apparently this "glitch" is also there on the 360.

No it's a mod. I remember seeing it when I was looking at mods on some fansite, never thought it would cause this though.

And of course it also had the WARNING: 18 and OLDER ONLY for the mod... but noooo. I think ESRB really needs to get used to the fact that mods cannot be controlled by the developers, nor should they try to control them.

Edited by Allanon754.gc