Are you paranoid??

whiplash

I noticed alot of talk lately in servers of people accusing of cheats / hacks / etc. To me I find this starting to get anoying. Even though no one directs those comments to me,and i cheat like mad <ooops>. hehehe

Anyway I was just wondering, since everyone knows that cheats are out there, is there an actual concern for most playing the game? I would like people's perspective on this, I know for myself I never call any one a cheat or hacker unless im joking around, for ex: Camel you hacker =)

But Its been to a point now where I am muting people on my team because they are complaining when they get killed.

well this is my outlook on this. whats yours?

peace.. :o

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Everyone hacks, it's just we don't do anything because they stink. Haha, it's insecurities, people take this game WAY to seriously and it affects their game play.

I was thinking about this while watching football last night. Imagine if guys on the field would come up after getting beat on a play and say "That guy cheats...he's using steriods". LOL...

I generally don't think people are hacking...if I did it would ruin the game for me. Usually once I get to where I'm even thinking someone is hacking it's time to stop playing for the night. If I start thinking nasty words after each death...it's time to stop playing for a while.

Now, beyond CS...yes, I'm paranoid.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

You know, I'm kinda new around here, but I personally don't think that anyone I've played with hacks. I think with the amount of traffic Platinum gets, someone would notice if someone was actually hacking. But I agree with the fact that there are a lot of whiners out there accusing people of cheating or hacking simply because they killed them (even if the killee is 3-12.) It gets to the point where I wish I knew how to mute some people. The abundance of the letters 'BS' around here makes me cringe. Some people need to lighten up and realize that, despite previous misconceptions they may have had, CS is just a game. That, and if you find yourself exclaiming to those who have joined you in DeadChat that you have, in fact, just been BSed quite often... maybe you 'sUx0r'...

I don't complain every time Camel makes an impossibly difficult shot that cuts off the energy supply to my brain and causes me to be worms' meat. It doesn't bother me that I can unload an entire clip on someone and catch nothing but air. Because I have learned to embrace my sub-par gaming, and I am hoping to nurse it back to at least par. I think that this is an excellent community, and that no one would have to cajones to come back and hack on us repeatedly. Just my piece....

UberNewb

well some people who ive played with enough i dont accuse of cheating or hacking....although in a few instances where i "thought" someone may be hacking i usualy ignore it....in the last while i called 2 people hackers with surity WHEN...the guy shot up from under the bride in dust and killed NOFX...we tried to get a ban on him...and yesterday when someone kept shooting people through walls...i believe he also got banned..but for the most part, if u see a regular on he doesnt hack..you just hafta watch the future to be community members

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests
back to the fact that im the mack

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you arent the mack i am foo

Guest GotEviL?
Guest GotEviL?
Guest GotEviL?
Guests

:ph34r:

with newer OGC out its hard to tell when someone is cheating but when a person gets very suspicious kills you can sometimes tell, its hard but you know, cheaters all they do is ruin everyones fun.

Also as far as I read someone saying "people take this game too seriously"

LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING

when something is pumping your adrenaline dont you take it seriously?

i played proffessional water polo for 5 years, and i being told dont take it too seriously its still just a game. BUT YOU cannot! same as cs, you get excited, pulled in and you cant stop.... thus you start geting mad and many times you might start accusing someone of cheating. I played since beta 7 and still many of the times i thought someone is cheating, they were.

Good example whip... I was playing last night and got killed by "someone"

that I am 99.9% sure is hacking... and I'd have to say I never swear over

v-comm, but that %^$% just got under my skin and I let it rip last night

... and I wasn't the only person commenting on him and his side kick.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

:ph34r:

oh yeah one more thing, if your sure noone hacks on the server, think again.

Cuz i know people in real life that use wall hacks and come in the game every now and then, but you dont know. Cuz like most people that use it., they know how to play smart and not just shoot people through walls or better yet not even look at them through the wall.

So many people make typos! It's CS not BS! What's wrong with you people? :rolleyes::D

But yeah, I've seen people being kicked from servers by VAC recently. Yes kids, the game ACTUALLY has an anticheat!

I think some pubbers don't realize how 'polished' this community is from others. Most of them come from servers which didn't do jack about tking/language/whatever, so they think they can act like jerks here. It all depends on the way you were 'raised' as a player.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Wow, I was delighted to see Gond tell me that something I said was 'well put' instead of being picked apart for my opinions/beliefs. Man, I'm gonna stay as far away from the profanity argument as I can. :unsure:

Anyway, I guess some people do hack, just I'm too dense to notice if they've done while I was around. I just go about my merry, ignorant way getting killed as I run blindly around a corner. But I revel in my un-1337-ness, I think the fact that I'm so bad at this game is half the fun. And I can only get better, right?

...right?

Anyway, I really wish that people would play the game to play and have fun, instead of to cheat and ruin everyone else's day. I guess its just one of those sick nuances of being human. Some people just have this inexplicable urge to be a complete jerk... I guess I'll just never understand people.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to work.... :(

UberNewb