Royal Family Kids Camp 2006

Fatty

GC Founder

I'm going to send in whatever we have no later than June 30. We can stop at $1,000 or push right on past if we want. I would be absolutely amazed if we topped that. Anything you can do is appreciated.

Bigbones, I'm going to take X up on his offer....use his link (or anyone else) if you need/want to use a debit/credit card through there. Paypal told me I could send someone a bill, but this removes a step. Thanks for offering that, X. Very much appreciated.

No donation is too small. I'm not mentioning who's giving what, so please feel comfortable to send whatever your lead to donate, big or small.

Last year I was completely floored by the support. Someone mentioned that there's no reason, given the growth of our community, that we can't outdo that. I agree, but didn't want to set a goal to high. It's obvious once again that it's the people that make our little online world so great.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NP. I'll, of course, cover the paypal fees. So if you send $50 to me, $50 will go to fatty for RFKC.

Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are accepted. Just click the paypal button at http://reynardlaw.com Make sure you put your name/forum alias on there somewhere along with RFKC.

These are the types of kids I represent pretty much daily and spend a lot of pro bono time on. You really cannot go wrong in helping them out. I personally know how much anything of this sort is appreciated by the kids.

Just sent in some for the kids.

Sorry it's not as much as last year.

I really admire you for spending your time and money to show real love to kids who otherwise wouln't know what love is!

GC Founder

$655

LETS PUSH RIGHT PAST $1,000! CALL NOW!!

<Fatty sits back down at table with 4 idle phones in front of him...looks around anxiously...taps his foot and fidgets a little....>

Hey, um, maybe a commercial or pan the camera a bit, you're making me uncomfortable.

GC Founder

<hangs up on Ebil....picks up another phone>

Woot!!!! Another caller has dropped $50 in!

$705

The only thing about setting a goal is that once we start getting close, everyone will assume that someone else will get us there.

I SAY NO. I SAY DON'T WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GET US THERE.

If you feel a little pull to drop 10 bucks in, then do it....why not? If you can afford more, then make the jump.

$655

LETS PUSH RIGHT PAST $1,000! CALL NOW!!

<Fatty sits back down at table with 4 idle phones in front of him...looks around anxiously...taps his foot and fidgets a little....>

Hey, um, maybe a commercial or pan the camera a bit, you're making me uncomfortable.

Maybe you'd feel better if you were wearing a tux, no? And no, I don't mean wearing a tuxedo dickie with your bahama shorts hidden under the cute tissue paper skirt around the table...

:wiggle2:

As the balding guy in the back of the room raises his hand..... :D

'Cuse me Mr. Don, make that $705. The check is in the mail.

Keep up the GREAT work.

$295 to go!

BTW - how about bringing said printed material with you to FF06 so that we can take a look at it?

GC Founder

Absolutely I'll bring said material....

I should have taken pics during last year's golf outing....this year I will!

We're up to $755!

Maybe even tonight we could hit our goal....and then what?!?!?

Is there gonna be a team in the golf outing again? If so I would like to play again.

Let me know either way, and if you want a donation here or if the outing is considered the donation like last year.

(Just picked up a new set of pimp donkey irons, w000t)

Absolutely I'll bring said material....

I should have taken pics during last year's golf outing....this year I will!

We're up to $755!

Maybe even tonight we could hit our goal....and then what?!?!?

As Mr. Don bounces the eraser off of Dingy's dome (for not paying attention)..... :lol2:

More! More!

The more (kids) the better! I'm sure we can do it!

GC Founder

Clue, donate here and then the team will be included in the corporate sponsorship.

If we have enough golfers, maybe we'll just do a couple smaller sponsorships and get two teams in....who knows...I have the details somewhere...

GC Founder

We're now at $870.

Many of you probably think that you can't help much.....even $5 will help. If 1/4 of our online community gave $5 we'd have well over $1000......so mix your small amount with the large amounts that some people are able to give! It will add right in!

Listen, of course you and I would rather solve child abuse by thrashing the dead-beat dad who goes on a power trip and violates his children. But we probably won't have that chance. However, you have an opportunity to play a part in the mending of a little soul.

Maybe someday you'll volunteer for a Royal Family Kids Camp near you....who knows? But right now, let's support one!

PS. Lev, you are welcome to play golf with us! I'm thinking we'll need 8 golfers this year.

Right now it's:

Golfing: Fatty, Clueless, Lev

Beer Wench: Bubblegum

When I lived in Chicago I had a friend who worked for a program called Learning for Life that went around to low-income schools and taught self esteem and life lesson type programs. Schools signed up for the program and had a whole curriculum prepared for them and assistance in implementing these character building activities. At the end of the program, at the end of the school year, all of the students were invited to Field Day. Keep in mind that these are inner-city Chicago kids that might have seen a park downtown. But certainly had never been to the burbs or beyond. Bussing out 100s of kids a couple hours out west to a huge nature preserve was pretty intense. The looks on their faces when they saw grass and trees forever was priceless.

I brought my camping equipment: a Mountain Hardware tent, bag, chair pad...all in a Gregory pack. I'd let them take turns wearing it, then we'd take it all out, set up the tent let them play in it, then tear it all down and put it back in the bag for the next round of kids. Did it all day, and it was awesome! I kept wondering if $1,000 is camping equipment was well shared, and more importantly well earned.

But only for one day. This camp will be a whole week! Of safety and caring attention... Imagine the strength and hope that 1 week may someday be for that kid.

$15 was all I had on my credit card, maybe somebody will add $5 and we can say it was $20?

GC Founder

The Royal Family Kids' Camp Golf Outing is SATURDAY, July 15......

This has nothing to do with fragfest.....unless, Ebil, you wish to stick around and drive my RFKC golf cart too....but that's an extra week in Ohiya.