GC

Fatty

How much would you buy GC for? (of course not that I would sell it, so you gotta pretend...let's pretend I decided I was done and I also wasn't gonna do what I would actually do and just hand it off to someone....let's pretend I was going to shut it all down, but offered to sell it all....domains, forums, paypal account, emails, etc....all of it)

Any value to it?

Or what would you offer as a trade?

Let someone else buy it, let them realize how rediculously difficult it is to run, buy it from them at a huge discount, hire a noob accountant to run the books, franchise it, sit back, eat popcorn, watch the money roll in.

Popcorn is optional... I'm cheap.

I would go for $10,000 over the next two years with a signing bonus of $2500, all with guaranteed money. Two performance bonuses of $2500 if community growth increases by 15% within 1st 190 days and $1500 if it was to increase 10% over the next 360 days. If at any time membership was to decrease by more that 10% over the next 190 days all bonus and following year payment would be reduced by the percentage of loss in memberships.

This is all for NOT because..WHY would Fatty want to leave us…I mean really WHY?

:)

Edited by -{ATCG}- DNA

How much would you buy GC for? (of course not that I would sell it, so you gotta pretend...let's pretend I decided I was done and I also wasn't gonna do what I would actually do and just hand it off to someone....let's pretend I was going to shut it all down, but offered to sell it all....domains, forums, paypal account, emails, etc....all of it)

Any value to it?

Or what would you offer as a trade?

Fatty, does GC rake in gross profits? If GC is non-profit and self contained, I don't know how much it would be worth in cash. It's worth a lot more in FUN, though. And class.

The only way to turn GC into a cash cow would be heavy forum / in-game advertising. Introduce advertising, though, and members might leave in droves and we'd lose some of our PR.

Fatty, does GC rake in gross profits? If GC is non-profit and self contained, I don't know how much it would be worth in cash. It's worth a lot more in FUN, though. And class.

The only way to turn GC into a cash cow would be heavy forum / in-game advertising. Introduce advertising, though, and members might leave in droves and we'd lose some of our PR.

GC is not a business. Every penny that comes in for GC gets put back into GC. Nobody gets a paycheck from GC's money. But I guess it would closely resemble a non-profit. I know we have a bit of reserve in case our numbers fall for a month or two, but other than that, its pretty much break even from what I understand.

You're right though, to make it a money generator you would have to do tons of advertising. But then the

Class
of the community would sink terribly I would say.

I guess it all depends on if BGB comes with it. I heard he has a low resale value...

<sigh> I deal with Mags on a daily basis and get paid nothing for it.... :(

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
But I guess it would closely resemble a non-profit. I know we have a bit of reserve in case our numbers fall for a month or two, but other than that, its pretty much break even from what I understand.

That is the issue I think; nobody knows the numbers, not even you, a board member, if I am hearing you right.

But I guess it would closely resemble a non-profit. I know we have a bit of reserve in case our numbers fall for a month or two, but other than that, its pretty much break even from what I understand.

That is the issue I think; nobody knows the numbers, not even you, a board member, if I am hearing you right.

That was quite uncalled for. :boo:

No issue here zd - financial info is avail to all board members - bb was just giving you the broad picture - that GC runs at a more or less break even point. If funds begin to build, new servers are discussed if feasable, sometimes fragfest might get a glance at getting a nip of the funds, some is used as a bit of a buffer. If funds get tight (or rather, that funds are projected to get tight given server load, membership, etc.) the board starts to look at shutting things down, consolodating, etc.

Everyone: Please keep this topic in the lighthearted mode that the fat one started it with - this was not meant as a forum for discussing/implying anything regarding GC financial structure.

I bid $803 - and an Aladdins Castle arcade token :ylusy:

-Fk