Persuasion...

emily

So to get farther in the game, I have to persuade this NPC at the Shrine of Azura to tell me something. I know I click on the little face icon in the bottom left, but obviously I am no good at picking the order in which to say things, i.e. joke, amuse, etc. I can tell their different facial expressions but still I can't get anywhere. How do I do this?

In other news, I just found out it's possible to kill a horse. Destroyed my pretty chestnut with the long mane. :(

Well, the selection with the most yellow in it is the most influentional (which means that they're the most effective). If they like to joke, then wait until the joke section has ALOT of yellow in it. If they don't like the other things, rotate it or click on something they like first until it has very little yellow in it.

If you still don't understand, I'll try to get you a screenshot showing you what I mean.

Obviously the more speechcraft you have, the more effective it is.

There's a mission on some town where you get a house and you have to presuade this guy to tell you how to get rid of these ghosts. I already beat the game and have been Mr.Nice-Guy, so his disposition is already at 100. So no matter what I do he won't tell me. :(

If you have really high disposition with guards, it's great. You can attack anyone you want and when the guard comes to arrest you he says "Well, we are good friends, I can let this slip by", or if everyone in a town loves you and you attack someone everyone in the town beats the heck out of the person you attacked.

******************Possible Spoiler************

If you're talking about the manor in Anvil and the previous owner's already in Imperial city, there's a couple of things in the house you need to have in your posession when you speak to him about ridding it of ghosts.

Well, the selection with the most yellow in it is the most influentional (which means that they're the most effective). If they like to joke, then wait until the joke section has ALOT of yellow in it. If they don't like the other things, rotate it or click on something they like first until it has very little yellow in it.

If you still don't understand, I'll try to get you a screenshot showing you what I mean.

Obviously the more speechcraft you have, the more effective it is.

how exactly do you rotate it? I know I can click on the four little pie squares. What I usually do is do the things that they like the most first, but then I leave with a bad impression. I can't figure out why I'm supposed to do even things that they don't like.

Doesn't bribing cost money, though?

• 2 weeks later...