STUPID DEER!!

TheGeek

Well I was driving last night at about 12:30 and guess what I hit? YES! I HIT A DEER!

img3846small7kg.jpg

img3847small9cz.jpg

img3848small2yh.jpg

I was driving at about 50 MPH (under the speed limit) and a truck started coming towards me on a 2 lane highway. His lights blinded me to see the deer. All I saw was a deer head about 3 feet away from my headlight and BOOM!

I didnt even have enough time to react, all I did was breathe in and I hit it. I'm okay, but the deer was not so lucky, I don't want to get too graphic but I got a good anatomy lesson on what is inside a deer's head.

I HATE DEER! <_<

oh, btw you can see the furr in my grand am logo

GC Alumni
(edited)

heh.. I still see deer on your car. My friend hit a deer once this year too... left a deer imprint. I never laffed so hard... you could see the imprint of the head on the hood. And she was pretty hysterical. Crying and killing bambi's mom...

Hopefully there isn't too much structural damage and frame is all good and you're all right

then all you need is a new light.

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Look on the bright side! You'll get that rust taken care of when they fix the door!

Hey your right! since the deer only hit the side of my car that had rust!

They? the only person thats going to fix anything is me, since I only have liability insurance, not full insurance.

I just baught the headlight, headlight metal housing, and turning signal for 38 bucks, not bad.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

oh! and i cant pop out any of the dents anywhere! its all blocked and too heavily structured.

I think its time to drive this thing t'll it dies then buy another car, im not reparing this car anymore

lol he said there was another deer on his yard when he got home.

Prolly related to the first one waiting to get revenge for killing the first one, lol

On a similar note, I saw 4 deer in the National Park here (right down the road from FF w00t!) on the way home from work tonight.

Not that that's surprising mind you, they're as prevelant here as mosquitos are in Minnesota.

(edited)
oh! and i cant pop out any of the dents anywhere! its all blocked and too heavily structured.

I think its time to drive this thing t'll it dies then buy another car, im not reparing this car anymore

You ought to be able to get all but the small creases with one of these:

suction thing, they work I've used them but not this one/brand

Edited by Chief

Could have been worse. A friend of mine died from a deer going through the windshield.

This isn't the picture of his death....I don't know if the person survived this accident or not.

deer%20in%20car.jpg

And this next picture....The deer Survived!

One lucky deer survived a 25-mile ride in the bumper of a car after it was hit by a driver travelling to work.

_40507649_deer_203.jpg

I don't know if you hunt, but hitting a deer can count toward your limit I think.

nope, here in minnesota if you hit it, you keep it.

thats why my friends dad once told me that he got 3 deer that year, and i said, isnt that over the limit to shoot those deer? he said my weapon of choice is my buick :biglaugha:

what about the moose?

You do NOT wanna hit a moose. You hit one of those bad boys, there's a very good chance you won't live to tell about it. You'd take out its legs, and its very heavy body would land riiiiiiiight on top of you.

DETH!

That happened to me about 8 years ago. > $5K damage to my new truck...right in broad daylight, she ran straight into my truck like she was on a mission or something. I was so tinkled (kinda angsty back then) that I got out walked back and kicked the dead deer. The lady in the car behind me was crying... :freak3:

:freak:

So, how big was the deer? Will it last all year, or will you need to kill another before winter hits?

what about the moose?

You do NOT wanna hit a moose. You hit one of those bad boys, there's a very good chance you won't live to tell about it. You'd take out its legs, and its very heavy body would land riiiiiiiight on top of you.

DETH!

I hear in mooselandic countries (think Sweden) part of the crash-testing is driving the vehicle into a bale of hay suspended above hood level. I don't remember how much it is supposed to weigh, and I think it would be reasonable to assume there are better materials out there than hay bales (but hey, if it works...) but basically the cars get pushed windshield and A-pillar first into the Moose Simulator.

Just to make you feel better, you didn't hit the deer; the deer hit you.

This past October, I was on my way home from the store when a deer ran out in front of me. I had just enough reaction time to slow down, but the stupid thing ran straight into the woman in the next lane over from me. It rebounded back towards me and rather than risk losing control of the car by swerving, I gritted my teeth and just hit it. The only damage to my car was a tiny, tiny dent under the driver side door and a lot of fur on the undercarriage. The other woman had pulled over to the side of the road and when I got out to check on her, she was hugging herself, rocking back and forth, and wailing like a banshee. There was a lot of damage to her car, so I had to reach past her and turn it off, just in case. She was in no position to do anything, so I stayed and called the police.

After the first officer got there, three more cruisers showed up and parked in a triangle around the poor, stupid, dead deer and tried to determine it there were too many internal injuries for the meat to be any good. :yuck: I love Georgia.

The weird thing about it was, it happened on the one year anniversary of this.

And when I was a kid, my dad hit two deer in the space of six months traveling the same stretch of road. After spending x amount of dollars getting his Blazer fixed, he got these things that you mount on the hood that make a very high pitched sound as you're going down the road that basically say, hey watch out, here I come. He didn't like deer too much, either.

There was this one time, at night, when I was driving on a dirt road near my house, and I thought I saw some movement in the field next to the road. I slowed down and watched about 15 deer cross the road ahead of me. I was like :o cause I have never seen a herd of deer before