Hacker speculation

Howdy everyone,

Been playing on the GC Project Mayhem server for a month or so now and found this forum. First I wanted to thank the admins for running a clean server with some great settings and map rotation. I can go on any time of the day and know I won't run into any cheaters or people being annoying (or if they are they get banned quickly).

Secondly, I wanted to defend my friend "weave" since I saw this thread. His real alias is Xen-P- and we've been playing together in the Paradigm Shift clan for almost 7 years now. Paradigm Shift started as a CS 0.5 clan then moved through different games (RTCW, BF:42, BF:V, BF:2). We're a fairly competitive clan both online and at lans, so plenty of people have seen Xen play in person. We work very hard to maintain a good reputation in the gaming community (both for our in-game actions, and our actions outside the games)

http://www.teamparadigmshift.com/

Without going into too much detail, Xen is a damn good shot that plays pretty smart and loves rushing through places so that he can go shoot people in the back. As anyone that's played with him for a while knows though, he'll have his good days and his bad. He just tends to have more good days than the average player :)

Thanks for running the servers and doing a great job keeping them annoyance free.

Icehawk-P-

one additional note...you won't see Xen or I in the Paradigm Shift pictures. Both of us are retired from active play because we got burned out on Battlefield games. Being infantry types it just gets old going up against tanks and heli's all the time :(

• 4 weeks later...
question how do you watch your demo after you record anyways?

If you type demoui in console, it will pull up a cd-player type demo interface for watching the demos. Including setting to a specific tic , showing tic to refer to for exact-second noting, and play speed changer, etc.

If you type demoui in console, it will pull up a cd-player type demo interface for watching the demos. Including setting to a specific tic , showing tic to refer to for exact-second noting, and play speed changer, etc.

awesome i never knew you could do that

Howdy everyone,

Been playing on the GC Project Mayhem server for a month or so now and found this forum. First I wanted to thank the admins for running a clean server with some great settings and map rotation. I can go on any time of the day and know I won't run into any cheaters or people being annoying (or if they are they get banned quickly).

Secondly, I wanted to defend my friend "weave" since I saw this thread. His real alias is Xen-P- and we've been playing together in the Paradigm Shift clan for almost 7 years now. Paradigm Shift started as a CS 0.5 clan then moved through different games (RTCW, BF:42, BF:V, BF:2). We're a fairly competitive clan both online and at lans, so plenty of people have seen Xen play in person. We work very hard to maintain a good reputation in the gaming community (both for our in-game actions, and our actions outside the games)

http://www.teamparadigmshift.com/

Without going into too much detail, Xen is a damn good shot that plays pretty smart and loves rushing through places so that he can go shoot people in the back. As anyone that's played with him for a while knows though, he'll have his good days and his bad. He just tends to have more good days than the average player :)

Thanks for running the servers and doing a great job keeping them annoyance free.

Icehawk-P-

one additional note...you won't see Xen or I in the Paradigm Shift pictures. Both of us are retired from active play because we got burned out on Battlefield games. Being infantry types it just gets old going up against tanks and heli's all the time :(

nice post! welcome to the forums :luxhello:

awesome i never knew you could do that

Shift+F2 does the same thing.

The last recommendation I have for this topic is that if you are unsure, and just asking general questions (which were very good questions), leave the guys name out of it in the future.

If anyone has enough proof to warrant a ban on a hacker...then a demo should be recorded and submitted privately to a Lead Admin on the respective server, that way we dont have personal attacks going on here in public.

Good post though other than that !

• 3 months later...

Bump for a certain someone who still thinks I hack, and for anyone else.

I find it incredulous that some regulars think this, seeing as how there are people who frequent these servers that are better than I am, not to mention thousands of players outside of these servers, whether they compete in CAL etc. or not.

Feel free to hit me up in PM, or better yet #paradigm on irc, gamesurge. Alias is usually either Xen or Xenny.