Hacker speculation

"weave" STEAM_0:1:770076 18:45 87 0 active

I suspect this player to be a toggle hacker. It's hard to prove, but after specing him some I've noticed discrepancies in his shots. And another accusation is his constant high score, I know the score is possible with out hacks--though you'd have to be a top player to get (AWP whore?). He has scores around 30:10. And I think these two things cuppled together can really prove he is. But since I am not for sure and I don't want to get an innocent person banned, I want to see what others have to argue or support/add, etc. to these accusations.

(btw this is Grenade Girl)

If you suspect that someone is hacking, the best thing to do is record a demo and have an admin review it. To record a demo, type record 'demoname' (call it whatever you want) in console, and then spec the player while you are recording. The demo will be in your cstrike folder. If you need any more help with it just ask. But people can't be banned for hacking unless there is a demo to prove it.

Stats are NOT proof of anything. If you suspect someone is hacking then you need to take a demo and show convincing evidence.

I've played with him several times over the past two weeks since I started seeing him on and have on occaision watched his view. So far I haven't seen convincing evidence.

This sort of speculation doesn't help anything either. Take a demo and post it, PM it or email it to an admin and ask them to review it.

this speaks for itself --> click

This doesn't say anything. A 2.67 KD ratio is not an anomaly. There are plenty of great players on our servers with that ratio or higher that are legit.

Edited by mohawk

He rushes every round and catches people off guard. There's a few .gc members that do the same thing every round with p90's and do very well KPD wise.

Not all 3:1 ratio players hold back for a minute and a half, bait teammates, play cleanup and pick people off with AK's and AWPS.

:wiggle2:

Best way to catch a haqr is record the demo, and watch it in wireframe mode.

this guy is "Xenny" from the [ZEUS] clan. He's just a good player.

If we're thinking of the same [ZEUS], they have a nice pub...I play there when the gc servers all hit de_dust at once.

Demos are great, but I'd be really cautious to ban someone unless the hacking was painfully obvious. It can actually drive away great competition. I get called a hacker 2-3 times a day on non-GC servers, and I'm not even that good compared to some of the other regs on GC servers! It gets really frustrating when an admin thinks the same thing. Just yesterday I was kicked from the "o clan" server for "obvious botting". It's very hard for someone to admit that there are people out there that are just plain better than they are.[/rant]

So some questions to ask: does the crosshair jump to a player perfectly every time? Does the person only use high-accuracy, high-damage weapons? Does the crosshair suddenly start following a wall, and miraculously fire right as someone turns the corner? Does the player NEVER miss?

Luckily, it's a lot easier to tell when someone is botting in UT - they can shoot through fog with 100% accuracy, hit people with hitscans with 100% accuracy, etc. And most of the time, their footwork sucks. :)

I play there when the gc servers all hit de_dust at once.

That's impossible...

Keep in mind that I don't play in the Lady's Room aka Project Mayhem.

That's Ladies' Room to you.

this speaks for itself --> click

This doesn't say anything. A 2.67 KD ratio is not an anomaly. There are plenty of great players on our servers with that ratio or higher that are legit.

no i'm don't believe he is hacking from his stats i was just trying to put out that chances are he isnt with that kind of log time.

Demos are great, but I'd be really cautious to ban someone unless the hacking was painfully obvious. It can actually drive away great competition. I get called a hacker 2-3 times a day on non-GC servers, and I'm not even that good compared to some of the other regs on GC servers! It gets really frustrating when an admin thinks the same thing. Just yesterday I was kicked from the "o clan" server for "obvious botting". It's very hard for someone to admit that there are people out there that are just plain better than they are.[/rant]

So some questions to ask: does the crosshair jump to a player perfectly every time? Does the person only use high-accuracy, high-damage weapons? Does the crosshair suddenly start following a wall, and miraculously fire right as someone turns the corner? Does the player NEVER miss?

Luckily, it's a lot easier to tell when someone is botting in UT - they can shoot through fog with 100% accuracy, hit people with hitscans with 100% accuracy, etc. And most of the time, their footwork sucks. :)

To your rant: This is the first person I've actually accused(seriously) of hacking that hasn't made it terribly obvious. But I know where you're coming from.

And to your methods of looking for a hacker are kinda flawed--they work, but are flawwed. As I said "a toggle hacker." Hacks can be configured to quite an extent. Auto-aim on fire, auto aim enemy in sight, etc.

But before I further accuse him I will get a demo of him.

That's impossible...

Ladys Room? hmmm, seems to me that even a lady can rack up numbers with an awp, so i think you got it wrong. And if you dont play here, then why post in here and insult all of us that call this server home?

Ouch, Elocin awps well too you know. :lol2: Anyways, I don't play there but all the GC servers can be expected to be great. You can trust any problems (or lack thereof) to be taken care of quickly.

That's impossible...

Ladys Room? hmmm, seems to me that even a lady can rack up numbers with an awp, so i think you got it wrong. And if you dont play here, then why post in here and insult all of us that call this server home?

almost point just reinforcing Clueless's point

It was a joke clueless, don't get your panties in a twist :)

<drags witt out of here and beats the ever living daylights out of him> That's my line. Now get back in your corner.

BTW Clue, I think it was a joke. :peace: