Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mans Chest

Ice_Berge_00

Just saw it last night with my buddies, definately surpassed the first one and it was an awesome movie! They did a great job with the special effects and kept up the action and humor through the whole movie.

Just wondering what everyone else thought about it. Can't wait for the 3rd one!

BTW, if you go see it stay through the credits, there's a little something at the end :)

Dang it! I waste more money going to see movies again for the things nobody tells people at the end of the credits, than on anything else movie related.

I do agree, it was a sweet movie. I think Cpt Jack Sparrow walking is enough to make me laugh :) I cant wait for the third one to come out.

Edited by Chimmpp

not really, I think you wanted to have the most of any one kind of die. Then if no one called everyone a liar the guy with the most wins. Otherwise you could say you had more and dare them to call you a liar. If someone called someone a liar then only the person called a liar has to show his dice.

I want to re-watch the movie just to know how that game works.. "It's a game of deception." How do they know what's under their cup.. They can't just place it down and cover it without anyone else noticing... :shrug03:

not sure if any of u know this but the 3rd film was being filed at the same time as the 2nd film.... oh and good movie

I think they have all the filming done already and now just getting everything edited and in order.

the dice game is actually a real game (though I can't remember the name) where you look at your dice and bid how many of a specific dice you think will show up from all players.

So if 2 people play and one of them has this:

2 - 5's

1 - 6

2 - 4's

and the other person has:

1 - 5

3 - 4's

1 - 2

then the first person might bid: "3 - 5's" then the other person has two options:

1) Outbid him (with number trumping amount, so "1 - 6" or "5 - 5's" is a higher bid than "3 - 5's" but "4 - 4's" is not) - note, I could be very wrong on the part about which bids are higher...but I don't think I am.

2) call him a liar.

If you call him a liar each player reveals their dice and if he's not a liar then he wins. If you call him a liar and he is then you win.

The deception part of the game comes in the bidding. If you bid "3-5's" and I have 3-5's under my cup...then I might assume there are more than 3-5's total so I'd bid 4-5's or maybe even more. Now if you were good at deception, you may have bid "3-5's" when in reality you didn't have a single 5 under your cup so that I would bid higher and you could call me a liar.

*spoiler*

if you pay attention in the movie...Will is about to beat Davey Jones because he guesses the correct number of 5's, then his dad steps in and overbids him. If his dad hadn't overbid him he would have beat Davey.

The dice game is very similar to "lier's poker" with dollars. Use to play it in the lunch room in high school.

And yes VERY good movie, can't wait for 3!!

BTW, if you go see it stay through the credits, there's a little something at the end :)

BTW: Don't wait for the end.. it's only about 10 seconds!

!!!!!!SPOILIER!!!!!!!!!!

If you missed it, it's the dog sitting the chair surrounded by the tribe...