BigAssFans

Chief

I think I may just apply for the marketing position, not sure if I'll be overqualified but the company sounds like good people and a pretty cool product.

Anybody, know much about Lexington, KY? Bradycmapign.org makes Kentucky sound liveable lol. j/k but seriously, I've never been there and have spent limited time in the state.

Chief, hit me up for the gal you should contact with those sorts of questions. She's 27 (married/pregnant), was my contact at BAF, and is also a gamer!

It would be great for you to inquire and get some more info, even if it's just to ask some questions.

I live in northern ky. I say Cincinnati since most ppl dont know Kentucky is a state. But yeah, Ky isn't so bad.

Partysource (Covington) = good. cheap.

Party source (Florence) = closer :)

Did you live near here Dingy?

Edited by duma

I think I may just apply for the marketing position, not sure if I'll be overqualified but the company sounds like good people and a pretty cool product.

Anybody, know much about Lexington, KY? Bradycmapign.org makes Kentucky sound liveable lol. j/k but seriously, I've never been there and have spent limited time in the state.

I used to live in Lexington, its a nice place in some parts...Don't picture anything like "country Kentucky" , because thats not what it is.. City type

Nope. I spent a ton of time down in Cinci a few years back for client work.

Lots of good food and drink. Just gotta know where to look.

Partysource was a nice detour on the way to the airport though (and beats the heck out of

Michigan prices) :D

Edited by Dingy

Nope. I spent a ton of time down in Cinci a few years back for client work.

Lots of good food and drink. Just gotta know where to look.

Partysource was a nice detour on the way to the airport though (and beats the heck out of

Michigan prices) :D

The one great thing about this area is that it is expanding, and with that expansion, they are bringing in even more paces for good food and drink. The Pub is one of my favorite places to grab a burger and drink a belhaven. It is great to sit outside and enjoy such a feast. This place just opened less than a year ago, and already, I'm in love with it.

Sent to them both ----->

Heather,

Greetings and thank you from one of the FragFest Ohio attendees that BAF sponsored this past weekend in Hudson, Ohio. Don (aka Fat) organized a great event and much of the success goes to sponsors such as you. At the LAN there were several signs mentioning that BAF is hiring, and over the past couple of days I have looked into BAF and the Lexington area. I was impressed at the amount of "kudos" I was able to find, from traditional press to marketing blogs. My interest is piqued, and at this point I wish to submit my resume for the marketing position currently listed on your site. The wesite requests resumes forwarded to rachele@bigassfans.com but Don requested I contact you as well (please note rachele@bigassfans.com is CC'd).

As my resume indicates, my background is strong in the key areas necessary for success. Working with national advertisers for two years with consumer packaged goods (Kraft & Kellogg) as well as urban and cutting edge campaigns (Altoids) gave me a solid foundation in sponsorships, events, and sales analysis for major retail brands. Corporate and merchant communication and community public relations experience while earning my Masters in Public Affairs and Issue Management will also allow me to contribute to and grow your business with tools beyond traditional advertisements.

In addition to the above, my experience on the faculty of Purdue University honed my public speaking skills in conveying complex information through training students on a variety of software packages (e.g., Adobe Photoshop & PageMaker, Microsoft Office, etc.) as well as through lecture/discussion on a variety of topics.

I look forward to speaking with you in the following week to schedule a conversation and further discuss how my entrepreneurship, professional experience, and academic training will be an asset to you and your organization.

Thank you for your time, should you have further questions please feel free to contact me at the number below.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Thompson

phone

URL

Sent to them both ----->

Heather,

Greetings and thank you from one of the FragFest Ohio attendees that BAF sponsored this past weekend in Hudson, Ohio. Don (aka Fat) organized a great event and much of the success goes to sponsors such as you. At the LAN there were several signs mentioning that BAF is hiring, and over the past couple of days I have looked into BAF and the Lexington area. I was impressed at the amount of "kudos" I was able to find, from traditional press to marketing blogs. My interest is piqued, and at this point I wish to submit my resume for the marketing position currently listed on your site. The wesite requests resumes forwarded to rachele@bigassfans.com but Don requested I contact you as well (please note rachele@bigassfans.com is CC'd).

As my resume indicates, my background is strong in the key areas necessary for success. Working with national advertisers for two years with consumer packaged goods (Kraft & Kellogg) as well as urban and cutting edge campaigns (Altoids) gave me a solid foundation in sponsorships, events, and sales analysis for major retail brands. Corporate and merchant communication and community public relations experience while earning my Masters in Public Affairs and Issue Management will also allow me to contribute to and grow your business with tools beyond traditional advertisements.

In addition to the above, my experience on the faculty of Purdue University honed my public speaking skills in conveying complex information through training students on a variety of software packages (e.g., Adobe Photoshop & PageMaker, Microsoft Office, etc.) as well as through lecture/discussion on a variety of topics.

I look forward to speaking with you in the following week to schedule a conversation and further discuss how my entrepreneurship, professional experience, and academic training will be an asset to you and your organization.

Thank you for your time, should you have further questions please feel free to contact me at the number below.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Thompson

phone

URL

Derrrr me talk pretty one day!

:hug: gl!

• 2 weeks later...

The position is filled, but they have your resume'. Heather said someone should have contacted you, and I asked her to make sure someone does. They were happy to receive 2 from our event though. Not sure who the other one was. Dunno if the other from our event was hired? Not the way it sounded.

Also, the 2 BB GC's are on their way. She goofed and never sent em.

LOL if someone took the position from the community....j/k

Thanks for looking into it, but everything will work out like it's supposed to. I wish I could see the resume of the person they did hire though.