FF07 DATE SET!

Fatty

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we rent a van with a hitch and get a U-Haul trailer for the computer stuff.

does everyone know... BGBs moving story? it's great...

Just watch out for cars in the intersection - specially those with no driver :D

think we could get some laptops and a few AC inverters and set up our own little CS lan?

My family drove to wisconsin and we killed our suburbans battery and alternator using one of those. I was doing so well in ghost recon when the car died at 70 mph.

Instead of renting a bus just go down together in a bus (greyhound)

We would have:

Jackie

Brillow_Head

Disco

Geek

Ephemeral

Farmer

Brew?

anybody else?

My friend Djojo is from MN and he was there last year. some of you may remember him...

So its looking like a 15 passanger van with a u-haul trialer...I'll look up the pricing.

Also, I'd like to go to he golf outing so that may affect things.

Upadate: Icky! Looks like a van would be cost prohibitive...ie, $900 just to rent a 12 seat van from the 25th to the 30th. Then you have to pay between 0.26 and 0.30 cents a mile additional and if we left from Minneapolis tha would be another $450. Factor in gas at 20mpg would be $250 on the low side. Add the cost of a uhaul trialer (probably like $9.95 a day).

Basically, if we packed 12 people in the van, threw all the luggage and comps in the trailer, we'd have to come up with $150 a piece. Is that too much?? That doesn't include food or lodging once we get there...

Only other way I can see is if we carpool, with 2 people per car and 3 people per SUV leaving room for luggage and comps in each vehicle. Then we'd split gas between vehicle passengers. At 30mpg (on the high side) and two people per car then youd have to come up with 75 bucks a piece just for gas. Thats a 50% savings right off the bat, but you'd miss out on a van full of fun.

Discuss....

Edited by Brillow_Head

So its looking like a 15 passanger van with a u-haul trialer...I'll look up the pricing.

Also, I'd like to go to he golf outing so that may affect things.

Upadate: Icky! Looks like a van would be cost prohibitive...ie, $900 just to rent a 12 seat van from the 25th to the 30th. Then you have to pay between 0.26 and 0.30 cents a mile additional and if we left from Minneapolis tha would be another $450. Factor in gas at 20mpg would be $250 on the low side. Add the cost of a uhaul trialer (probably like $9.95 a day).

Basically, if we packed 12 people in the van, threw all the luggage and comps in the trailer, we'd have to come up with $150 a piece. Is that too much?? That doesn't include food or lodging once we get there...

Only other way I can see is if we carpool, with 2 people per car and 3 people per SUV leaving room for luggage and comps in each vehicle. Then we'd split gas between vehicle passengers. At 30mpg (on the high side) and two people per car then youd have to come up with 75 bucks a piece just for gas. Thats a 50% savings right off the bat, but you'd miss out on a van full of fun.

Discuss....

ick.... $150 a piece + A van full of fun. Or 50% savings + not as much fun....

Got a coin anyone?

Edited by JackieChan

• 3 weeks later...
LOL! You're crazy. :D Ask Allanon about jetlag gaming. ;)

One rule, no puking on me. :lol2:

I think I learned many lessongs there Wolfsblood

A) Don't eat burgers in spain

B) Don't try and stay up till 2 AM the day after you get back from a location where the time difference is 6 hours :)

C) Don't eat burgers that are uncooked...

To the Van Renters: Check out Enterprise's rates, they don't charge for leaving the state. At least, the enterprise I've rented from doesn't.

Also, count me in for sure, this time I'm making enough money to not have to bail. I'm getting married in June (on the 17th), so that gives me enough time to go on my honeymoon and have a wedding. Just as I'm getting settled in back home, I can go to FF07! Hell, maybe by then I will have taught her how to play and she'll want to come too!

Oh, and I'm so happy I bought this laptop now...SLi means all I need to do is take this baby with me...no muss, no fuss, and no CRT and tower weighing my butt down! :freak:

If we do a ride share, dont count on me or discom having a car. My car has 257,000 miles on it. And discom doesnt have one. We could switch people between gas breaks to keep it interesting.

Greyhound charges $99 to get there. round trip.

The only problem would be bringing our comps on a greyhound bus. But to all have us on the same bus would be shweeet

If we do a ride share, dont count on me or discom having a car. My car has 257,000 miles on it. And discom doesnt have one. We could switch people between gas breaks to keep it interesting.

The only problem would be bringing our comps on a greyhound bus. But to all have us on the same bus would be shweeet

While I do NOT endorse this Greyhound bus idea, as it stinks even going 1/3 that distance on a greyhound, we could always rent from that provider for PC's that we do not have room for in whatever transportation method that is chosen. Frankly it would probably be better then my Pc is now.

While I do NOT endorse this Greyhound bus idea, as it stinks even going 1/3 that distance on a greyhound, we could always rent from that provider for PC's that we do not have room for in whatever transportation method that is chosen. Frankly it would probably be better then my Pc is now.

Pfft, I need my PC. I can't frag without it.

Pfft, I need my PC. I can't frag hack without it.

an issue I have: any suggestions?

I have to get my rig there, or to a west one, but Id like to fly. Is this possible?

DOnt wanna ship it ahead ( time and bacd luck)

samw for shipping it to a GCer thats closer

dunno how to get it there

I know ebil did something to get her computer up from florida last year. Ask her.

I have to get my rig there, or to a west one, but Id like to fly. Is this possible?

I know ebil did something to get her computer up from florida last year. Ask her.

I think she brought it on the plane with her? I dunno, never rode in one before.

I think she brought it on the plane with her? I dunno, never rode in one before.

nooooo.... Fatty arranged a business to provide rental gaming computers. it was great... i'll prolly do it again

nooooo.... Fatty arranged a business to provide rental gaming computers. it was great... i'll prolly do it again

Oh, I kept hearing that'd you brought your computer there...

//where'd I hear that at...