West Coast LAN

Would you come to Frag Fest:West?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

is it time for a frag fest west? please vote in the poll above. if you have no preference between northern california or southern california, just pick one.

We need to get a count of the # of people that would be interested in coming the summer to a LAN party somewhere in OHIO CALIFORNIA.

Based on this number will dictate where we need to go, and then available dates.

Reply to this ONLY if you are interested and the # of people in your party.

please feel free to include/suggest dates, too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
(edited)
is it time for a frag fest west?

We need to get a count of the # of people that would be interested in coming the summer to a LAN party somewhere in OHIO CALIFORNIA.

Based on this number will dictate where we need to go, and then available dates.

Reply to this ONLY if you are interested and the # of people in your party.

Make it Northern and I am SOOOO there! Lanning + Beer + yelling = Major Fun

I could bring myself or possibly one other

Edited by Dude-

u should make a selection for either i live exactly the same distance from san fran as i am from la so ill go either way

ill pretty much travel any where in cali fora lan party :)

Edited by Z3RO

I was just talking to alvin-aka-poke-aka-loki about trying to get something set up in the middle of cail. we are in no matter where it is!!!!! We are located about 20 mins from the dead center of cali so if u wanna add centeral to the list I can be a big part of setting it up.

I was already getting prices on confrence room's and stuff I was going to ask fatty what he did to get computers and stuff for people to rent. I was going to foot most of the bill and hope to get the money back based on attendance. I think this is a killer idea and if i can help in any way I am there john.

Edited by FORZ

I'd come as long as it isn't a very inconvenient day.

Like Finals Day during school. Or Move-in Day. >.>

The two places I could be at are either in Cupertino (one of the suburbs of San Jose), or in Davis, CA.

And as long as I don't have to train all the way down to LA. (5 hours on the train? ick.)

Northern, just cause its close. I think it would be nice to try northern cali first and then try southern cali next time and see what works the best. I think this lan would be real fun if it works out. I have never been to a lan before so I think this would be awesome if it works out.

EAST SIDE REPRESENT!!! *hops around* :boing:

Well if you guys can schedule it at the same time of the FF07 ohio... we can maybe do a live webcast to eachother so it's like one big thing. Not saying we would be able to play wit each other but we can hook up web cams or wut not...

Edited by EbilDustBunny

I think it's a fine idea. Chance for me to attend in the next few years though is slim/none. Just bought a house, move in in a couple weeks, have a kid on the way so money will be tight for the next few years. vacations will likely be "working around the house" kinda stuff. (This year will be replace flooring/paint/pack,move) Far cry from our usual fishing trips. :/

Otherwise, it would be real cool to take a week, fly out with the family, sightsee for most of the week, and frag with the west coast GC for a weekend. That would be a real nice trip. Again, I don't see me being able to make that trip for at least a few years. :(

I voted northern as its obviously closer, but either would be fine. If it needs be southern to get some flyers in, thats cool too.

Same here...all flight to SF is more than SD or LA, but still would be done with it. Dates are open for me, but time b4 semester starts or during break something like that would be best.

EAST SIDE REPRESENT!!! *hops around* :boing:

Well if you guys can schedule it at the same time of the FF07 ohio... we can maybe do a live webcast to eachother so it's like one big thing. Not saying we would be able to play wit each other but we can hook up web cams or wut not...

That would cool, but some may want to do both FF...and I just can not be in two places no matter who hard I try these days. :)

This sounds like a great idea! Mossad, Q, and I represented the West Coast at FF Ohio this year and cleaned house during open gaming.

I went 1800 miles to Ohio, I'll go wherever for Frag Fest California. I can probably talk Q into it again if I mention Gin, so there's 2 definites for ya.

B)

i no in burbank right next to an airport thier is a large holte with a rather large convition center way to large for our needs but thy also host kublacon a gaming convetion. im not shure on prices to rent ares during tht but from my experince its a blast bieng thier. idk thought i would throw my to bits in.

I am absolutely EAGER to meet some of you fine folks in person. LANing is always fun, no matter what, and I'd be willing to take a trip to L.A., San Jose, or Frisco for a great LAN event.

PLEASE, please vote yes on this, guys, and for you inlanders, please consider making this trip!

Dunlavy (Fresno) is IN.

...Oh, and please excuse my absense from the community, gang. I've been busy with work and a busier than usual social life... gaming has taken a back seat, but I am actually working on a way to begin my Counter Strike late night activities again.

:-)