Hungry?

Fatty

I'm very pleased to announce that part of the renegotiated contract with Holiday Inn in Hudson includes TWO free breakfast coupons EACH DAY for EACH ROOM for our event, regardless of priority club anything or whatever.

That ends up being a large amount of $ back to the gamers from HI!

... I got dibs on the sausage links!

Blocks out both seats on either side of Chief.

Swamp arse...

Along with being so good looking, I'm never wrong and never suffer flatulence. Lucky that way I guess :biglaugha:

so if there are 4 people in 1 room, only 2 get to eat that day :D
when we stacked 8 to a room on hockey tournaments, we'd just "bring it back to our room" like 3 or 4 times. i should mention it got increasingly harder for us to find hotels, though.

Ends at 10 I think....

DOH...I'm out...someone can have my ticket :lol2:

LOL Your like my dad, you went to bed at like 1am both nights and woke up at 7am then went back to bed.. I kept my eye on you the whole time, and I guess my wife is right I do snore!!

Oh and i know some people are cheap .... But you still do have to tip for buffets. Granted it didn't give the waiter we had the last morning the right to say anything, when i was leaving. I even asked for my buck back, i didn't take it back, but still got to me alittle bit.

I got 2 tickets per night this year, took alittle smoozing and filtering with the front desk gal. I even offered rashad as payment but she didn't accept.

Oh and i know some people are cheap .... But you still do have to tip for buffets. Granted it didn't give the waiter we had the last morning the right to say anything, when i was leaving. I even asked for my buck back, i didn't take it back, but still got to me alittle bit.

I got 2 tickets per night this year, took alittle smoozing and filtering with the front desk gal. I even offered rashad as payment but she didn't accept.

That is where I disagree. It all depends on the service and type of buffet.

I didn’t eat the breakfast buffet at FF this year. Primarily because I can’t stand breakfast foods not strait off the griddle. I consider myself a very generous tipper but find myself very stingy at buffets because it seems the wait staffs tend to slack even more at a buffet.

Type A: where they bring your drink

They have one job to do at a buffet like this and that is to refill my drink. If they can’t handle filling up my drink two times in a timely fashion then they don’t deserve a tip. It takes less then a minute of overall service to refill my drink or bring me a new one for the entire time I am there. Maybe 2 minutes if this place they have to bring me my check. Now not having to take orders or serve food means they can wait at least 4x the people as a normal restaurant. So that means ¼ the tip! So 20 dollar buffet 20%tip/4 = 1 dollar. If they can’t handle the hard job of refilling my drink I feel no remorse to not leaving a tip.

Type B: You get your own beverage

If you have to fill it up at a drink bar all they do is clean your empty plates. That makes them a bus boy not a waiter. That means zero tip unless they are hot. Then they get a 5 with my number on it.

Type C: big groups

If you go in a big group you should always tip a little more. Most of the time they have to push tables together and cleaning up takes a bit longer because everyone leaves at the same time making it harder to pick up random tables while refilling drinks.

Side note: I don’t feel too bad for waiters

Don’t feel bad about not leaving a tip because come tax time it will show you didn’t leave one anyway.

Side note 2: My favorite thing to say to a waiter.

When they ask you how everything is after you get your food say, “It is affecting your tip.� Then try not to laugh at the reaction.

Also not sure what that waiter said to you but I would have went off on him had he said anything to me.

Dr. Drunk

Edited by Dr. Drunk

I also factor in if they remove the plates quickly...yes, it is bussing tables in a way, but that is one of their functions at most normal restaurants anyway. A stack of plates and glasses is gross, so I add that to refills for the performance review.