why?

This thread sickens Dunlavy. Dunlavy is vomiting profusely.

GC members and regs no longer playing exclusively. People leaving West. Regulars unable to get in. AZTEC...

As Dude said, action needs to be taken... and within days, not weeks.

11:00 p.m. and no one to play with.

anyways, with the dip in monthly traffic, i think it's time to start looking at a more concrete solution. stay tuned.

Bless you, child.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we have had some server problems lately. Im not trying to make a complaint topic but WOW where is everyone. I quit tWc last week and figured I would still see all my buddies on west but its empty alllll day even at about 7 pm and later Ive been lucky to see 8 ppl in server. Am I missing something?

GC Alumni

current status:

1. EVERY SINGLE old a2g setting (mani, server, maps, everything) has just been migrated over to the NFO box. we're running an identical cfg etc to what we had on a2g.

2. old a2g box is again fully redirecting EVERYONE to the new NFO box

please, give it through the weekend, at least. if you have a gripe, please post it (or PM if you prefer), but also include how you'd like to see it resolved. seriously.

Earlier today (Uhm.. 6:00 - 7:00 pst) West was constantly repeating aztec over and over again. There were only about maybe 7 people on at any one time..

Maybe the fact that West was stuck on a single map today might've been the reason it was dead for so long.

I personally had NO problem what-so-ever with the old server hosting and the lag that occurs daily on the new ones is not worth coming sometimes.

I've also noticed you've changed the amount of max players from 25 to 21.

Being able to never get in at 25 people.

Compared to:

Always getting in with 21 people. Is not a good sign for amounts of visitors that are coming.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Why're there new servers in the first place?

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Why're there new servers in the first place?

Because of the constant complaints of "rubberbanding" on the A2G servers.

So we are trying to test new servers for playability. But it seems alls anyone cares about are the "crazy admin mods" they were so used to having on the server.

Post comments on the "Playability" of the server. Not "I miss the old setup" or "Bring back things the way they were". We will be bringing these settings back. Once we make sure the server is performing better then the A2G servers.

Constructive Comments = Good

<--- learned something last night:

de_cbble is NOT spelt de_cblle. it tends to blow up the entire mapcycle.

:bang:

also, note to self, cancel follow up spelling lessons with Z3RO.

Typing it as de_cblle messes up the entire cycle? Interesting...

GC Alumni

yes, 'wad. the mapcycle is a flat file, so if it doesn't understand one entry, it goes back to the beginning. in this case, it was the first entry.

anyrate, things *seem* to be going better. heck, we've got a full house 5 rounds deep into cpl_fire. haven't seen that in a while. i'm leaving for tahoe for the weekend on a last minute project. if anything comes up and needs immediate fixin, pm laz or loki.

:wavey:

de_dust2a.jpg

about midnite tnite

server solid until then.

lots of ppl got kicked due to high ping

we had an admin on giving all kinds of custom map rotation for most of the night and worked out well until midnitish... please keep custom maps going.

also, as everyone else, please put more slots back in.

tWc|RoGuE.gc

mill_lag_081206.jpg

Saturday, 08-12-2006 about 1215pm.

Like always, only lasted a minute or so, but it killed the server and we had to move out of a good custom map because half the ppl that were playing left/got booted (due to the lag imo)

tWc|RoGuE.gc

overall, I'd give it more of a postive response this weekend, I was on immutable many many hours this weekend and just those 3 spikes that lasted a minute or two. No lag experience except for those times, and a better ping, and for the most part we had 12-18 players for the most of it, more so on the higher end.

It *does* seem, from past remembrances, that one of these spikes hit quite often between the hours of 1100pm and 0100am, although there is one at different time frames here and there.

Good to see so many custom maps this weekend, for the most part we only lost 1 or 2 players max on a few, no different than any other map normally in rotation. I heard a lot of requests for maps that have NOT been in our rotating 5, including customs, from .gc and non-.gc alike.

Now, about those slots....... *cha-ching*

:D

(edited)

no i just meant customs we already have and hadn't been utilizing. Seems like the most fav custom map requests i hear are russka and villa.

another note, 3-4 ppl in the last 5 days commented on never playing de_cpl_fire b4 and liking it, don't know how often its used, but it seems to be well accepted.

Edited by RoGuEmX

Yes why did we drop the slots..and the only issue I have seen is the ping issue playablity is overall good. I really got better ping on the old server, but thats me. It we could put in a few more slots and get this whole ping spike thing worked out it will be good to go. :)

Yes I said good to go...mr taco bell :(