Grandma's Boy

Xterminator

How many of you guys have seen this movie? it came out in january but only recently have i heard of it and watched it. It's an Adam sandler production. This is the description of the movie. Since we're all gamers here it's a pretty cool and hilarious movie to watch

Alex has one sweet life. After walking away from his death by accounting job, he's now a video game tester at Brainasium, the company responsible for the worldwide gaming phenom of "Eternal Death Slayer." At 35, he may be the oldest tester in the business, but he's also the best. But when his roommate fails to pay the rent for six months because he's spent every last cent at Madame Wu's Filipino Palace, Alex unfortunately finds himself on the street. His friendly dealer Dante can't let Alex crash because he has a business to run and besides, the guard lion will be arriving any day. His friend Jeff agrees to put him up, until that unfortunate accident involving Alex and the action figure in the bathroom--which Jeff's mom happens to, well, catch. Alex's last resort is to move in with three hot babes--that's what he tells his friends, at any rate. In actuality, the 35-year-old finds himself living with his sweet and loving 80-year-old grandma Lilly, along with her two roommates: the "been there, done that repeatedly" octogenarian Grace and the not-quite-all-there, overly medicated Bea. Brainasium's New Age-y honcho Mr. Cheezle has brought in hotshot game exec Samantha from New York to help whip "Eternal Death Slayer Three" into shape before its street date. Seems the series' creator, uber-nerd wiz kid J.P., has been coasting on his rep--he was a millionaire by the time he turned 13--and his newest entry has a few bugs. The game's kinks are no prob for Alex and the Brainasium testers, which leaves time for Alex to help Lilly with the house and to try and bag his new hot boss while continuing to work in secret developing his own game, called "Demonik." Things start to get tricky, though, once the cat's outta the bag about who Alex is really rooming with--that is until the gray ladies warm to Alex's friends at an after-work party, thanks to that special tea they found in his room. Amazing what a few tokes and tequila slammers will do to loosen things up. But when jealous nerdboy J.P. swipes Alex's "Demonik" and tries to pass it off as his own, it becomes a battle of Gen-Xers versus gin players when Samantha produces a secret weapon: Alex's grandma Lilly.

0.5/4 Stars

This movie was so stupid. I dont know how people could enjoy it. Its a stoner comedy about videogamers. Sounds like it could be funny, right? WRONG! This movie just shows us the low-life trash of America. 40yr old men who live with their parents and do nothing but play video games and do drugs all day.

:o, Geeze I loved this movie. Saw it with my mom and brother though, which made it really awkward. Saw it at a LAN party with my friends a couple months ago, and still loved it.

And Yomamma, you are kinda right, the plot seems like it would be a total flop. But that didnt make it not funny.

• 2 weeks later...
0.5/4 Stars

This movie was so stupid. I dont know how people could enjoy it. Its a stoner comedy about videogamers. Sounds like it could be funny, right? WRONG! This movie just shows us the low-life trash of America. 40yr old men who live with their parents and do nothing but play video games and do drugs all day.

Not sure how old you are but I think this movie if for the younger generation (us kids from the 90's) Cuz I found it to be absolutely hillarious. I have made all my friends watch it and we all die laughing. I must say this is one of my favorite movies. I wish I could get some of the "Frankenstien" they have in the movie! :boing:

(edited)

Yeah me and the wife laughed are butts off.. Jeff is Hilarious..

Took me a few times watching it to realize the girl in the movie played Velma in the Scooby Doo movies..

Her birthday is June 25, mine too!!!

Edited by Batman

0.5/4 Stars

Not sure how old you are but I think this movie if for the younger generation (us kids from the 90's) Cuz I found it to be absolutely hillarious. I have made all my friends watch it and we all die laughing. I must say this is one of my favorite movies. I wish I could get some of the "Frankenstien" they have in the movie! :boing:

i have to agree. the movie was hilarious as all. i think you just have relax a little bit more when you watch it you cant be all up tite while you watch which i think is the way YoMamma must of been when he watched

The movie was definitly funny, you cant expect a movie like this is be a serious oscar-caliber type movie. But the guy from Reno 911(Terry) who plays the main characters best friend made me cry with laughter watching him play DDR. And his stoner friend:

"Anyone can mess with a dog, but whose gonna **** with a lion?!"

Funny movie.

(edited)
i have to agree. the movie was hilarious as all. i think you just have relax a little bit more when you watch it you cant be all up tite while you watch which i think is the way YoMamma must of been when he watched

How can you be 'up tite' while watching a movie? I watched the movie to relax and laugh. Slight problem was that the movie was so dumb I didn't laugh. Maybe I didnt like it cause I couldnt relate to the pathetic drug-using lives that the characters in the movie portrayed.

Edited by YoMamma

• 2 weeks later...

How can you be 'up tite' while watching a movie? I watched the movie to relax and laugh. Slight problem was that the movie was so dumb I didn't laugh. Maybe I didnt like it cause I couldnt relate to the pathetic drug-using lives that the characters in the movie portrayed.

are you trying to infer something here?