Bay Area Mini-Meet?

Guest Dude-

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

So I know there is talk of a West battle thing with a ton of people (which I am super stoked on and I can provide a couple kegs of Lagunitas Brewing Company beer as my contribution). But thats in quite awhile. So does anyone in the Bay Area, California, want to get together for a mini-battle? There are a ton of LAN shops around the Bay Area (Rival here in San Jose is pretty good) and I thought it would be pretty cool to get 5-10 people together to maybe go out to dinner/bar for some drinks (if you dont already know, I require large quantities of beer to play Counter Strike) and then a night of CS.

I have not played at a LAN shop in years and I miss it. Especially with the low attendence in the server lately. Being able to physically yell at your parter next to you is so much more satisfying. Plus, I used to make a fair bit of money betting people. :peace:

I know Whitey is fairly local, Mizz is just in Mountain View right? I know there are a lot of .GC members around this area so lets do an easier mini-get-together. Plus, its always fun for me to meet all the people I pwn. :wavey: Im willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the Bay Area to do this and we should do it soon.

Anyone want to throw out some dates? Im not doing crap this quarter so I am flexible. But sooner is better then later.

well i am in texas bro, but i would come to cali for the big get together thingy. I would just need one of you cali guys to help me find a cheap hotel to stay at. i also love to drink so we could go out and party at night and do the cs thing all day or whatever. if that ever got setup i could take leave and fly there or maybe drive, whichever is cheaper.

i think it would be cool to bring my pc and come wreck it on you cali guys in person instead of over the net. imagine if i had the ping you guys did..... the abilties would be limitless.

this was the place i was thinking of (and potential ff:west sponsor)

http://www.eudemonia.net/faq.php#4.1

Our rates are as follows:

New Membership (comes with 2 hours): $10

Member rate (1 hour): $3

Member rate (8 hours): $20

Member rate (50 hours): $100

Non-member rate (1 hour): $5

Color Printing (per page): $0.50

http://www.eudemonia.net/webcam.php

more official steam cyber cafes:

https://cafe.steampowered.com/index.php?are...try=US&state=CA

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
(edited)
this was the place i was thinking of (and potential ff:west sponsor)

more official steam cyber cafes:

https://cafe.steampowered.com/index.php?are...try=US&state=CA

Sounds fine to me! Ill go anywhere in the Bay Area. And I meant Stuttering John, not Whitey. Sorry! I get you 2 mixed up a lot, dont know why. Loki, dunno if you want to make the drive all the way from San Diago, but we dont need to go to a bar. I can do my drinking at home or at a restaurant. :D September sounds pretty good for me too but late August works as well.

PS. All .gc should know they always have a bed to crash on at my place.

Edited by Dude-

well yall let me know when the big west thingy is and i will come to cali for that. dude we can drink it up all you want. what you like to drink? i will pretty much drink anything.

john who is in charge of setting up the big frag fest for the west people. just let me know when and where. i will take off of work for that. i have never been to cali, it should be fun.

do u have to be .gc DUDE.... me and O Dweeds live east bay berkeley, and im always down to do some drinking :P
unless Dude- has other ideas, i'm thinking this will be a one night event, probably with drinking afterwards. i don't think a LAN shop is going to let us spill drinks into their PCs.

and no you don't have to be .gc. unless we reserve the place, there's a good chance there will be some "pubbers?" alongside of us. we could reserve the place, but the break-even is 20 people.

i'd love to nail down a date, but can't yet.

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
i live in fremont, so any bay area LAN i will go

schweet. well lets keep talking till someone throws out a random date. first week of september is bad for me. otherwise Im fairly free for the friday or saturday nights. And i have no objection of non-gc members coming. The more the merrier!

And whitey, I only drink beer. nuthin else. cant stand hard liquor, although if I drink it first im good. liquer before beer, have no fear!!!! But for my svelte 145-150 pounds (Im skinny, i metabolize instantly), I can drink my share. And 7 beers later, Ill still own you!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D :D:D:D

Maybe...mid September?

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

Whitey...this is my living room. Every room in the house has this. Im essentially praying every night that there isnt an earthquake. Its over 300 different beers from every corner of the world. Some are in some type of order, like brand or country of origin or alcohol content or type of brewing... :D

picture.JPG