Swoop signing off

SwOOp

I know I haven't been around the boards in awhile, but I have still been active in the server so I figured some of you would like to read.

Well guys, I don't know what to say other than my reasons for doing so. For quite awhile now my connection to the net has been unstable at best, and despite my ips's efforts (though how little they have actually done) no signifigant changes have been corrected. So I am cancelling my internet package from them, I have been saying for awhile now to those in game that I am frustrated with paying for a service that I am not getting, so unless I do something about it I am just witching. Well, I am doing something about it.

There are other reasons as well for this decision though. I have been into video games for my entire life, and that is no joke. My brother can verify this, we had the first video game console made (the Telstar Ranger) and since then have owned every console system ever made with the exception of a few that I can count on one hand. So I guess you could say video games has very much been a part of my life, even to the point in which I spend a ridiculous amount of hours playing on an almost daily basis. As I have gotten older married, fathered, and slowed down a bit, I find it easier to just pop a game in and play, rather than get out and excercise, get out and play sports, or spend a little more time with my family. I'd play the computer until I get bored, then get up and go straight in and play one of my game consoles. I don't regret playing games nor none of the great friends I have made online, but am ashamed at times (when it happens) of my un-awareness of time or whats going on when I am playing.

I figure the price I am paying, for the service and support I am not getting, the money saved will go to better use elsewhere. And this will free up more free time for me to actually get out more (since I've turned into a hermit now more or less) and be more social, excercise and sport it up. I'm gonna be getting another motorcycle so that will get some of my time. And I know my wife will enjoy actually to be able to talk to me without my eyes fixed on the monitor when gaming and my half-listening conversation style.

I will most suredly miss gaming with all of you. To all my brothers, you always have a spot in my heart (and yes the light is always on), your friendship and the times we've been able to hang out or do stuff together I would not trade for any amount of money. To most everyone else, I will miss fragging it up with ya and makin cracks until they are so funny because they make absolutely no sense.

I will still have access to the messageboard from my work though, so i will still be able to check in and continue to own people in fantasy football. And I'm sure when I get the itch bad enough I'll take my comp in town to Tyranus's house or my father-in-laws work to hop in some games with ya. Until then i will be stuck resorting to single player games and console games, which is why I know I will be playing video games less, because I am not playing with any of you.

Gamer for life, just not hard-core anymore.

[VI]Swoop -aka- Shawn Edmonds VI4L

I understand, its not as easy to waste life away as it was when you were a teen.....growing up sucks....and you dont know how much time you really wasted until it is all ready over......If I quit gaming....I could actually put more time into remodeling my house, and spending more time with my daughter....and finsigh my school work alot quicker......but its an addiction...ands its hard to break.....but sometimes i can fight it....but all this talk about gaming....I think i might go play a couple of round.....G/L swoop :hug:

Although I totally understand where your coming from Swoop, it

does'nt make the news any better. Now I know how everyone felt

with my, "taking a break post" It was always a fun game with you

in there, & I wont soon forget those 10 vs 10 VI vs Eh? slugfests!

Enjoy your life buddy, I hope that this course of action sees you well.

If you should decide retirement is too slow paced, you know where

to find us :)

Thx for the kind words all, like I said, can't justify paying money with their service and support, and unfortunatey there are no other high speed providers for my area.

I will be back, you can bank on that, most likely when we move (which will be next year sometime) or if another high speed provider comes to the area.

dang. hate to see you go swoop. thanks for the all help in the past whatever it may have been for. you are a good man and dont be a stranger. come say hi, cause i definately want to frag with you again sometime. take it easy and dont take like too seriously all the time. best of luck to you my friend.