Where were you and what were you doing?

Tyranus

I was in sophomore year of highschool. It was first class of the day; a computer class. We were all working and one of my friends... sorta the class clown hurried in back from the main office and started to tune our tv. Saying "something big is going on on the news"

And next thing you see on the tv was the first airplane crashing into the WTC. Everyone was like "woah"

This is a joke right? What movie is this? It didn't appear real to anyone until moments later the principle make announcement over the PA.

We just watched the tv for the rest of that class... my next class was a history class.... we also just watched tv. Shock was prolly the best word that described that moment. I remember giving a nervous "heh" when firefighters all dirty and crying hugged each other. My teacher just shook his head at everything.

Everything seemed rather detatched for the rest of the day... buses came early... it was a half day.

I was at work and a friend of mine said his wife just called and said a plane hit the world trade center. So I ran up to my office and pulled up CNN after the second plane hit..

Like Duke and others said it was very disturbing.. And at the time I was glad that I lived in Northern Minnesota.

This Tuesday on the way into work I was watching TV in the cab. Here in Shanghai, China the cabs have television showing the local and international news 24/7. We take the same cab everyday and when Bin Ladens picture would come up on the screen the cab driver would say "Bin Laden Bu Hao".

Bu hao in mandrin means "no good" bu hao in english sounds like "boo how"..

Needless to say his words made me smile.. They made me smile because after all the things that I hear in the chinese media regarding Bush and the US.

• 2 years later...

Uh dang, i was in school, every kid was leaving i had no clue what was going on..

My teacher comes up and makes everyone sit quietly as she started to cry everyone freaked out, and she explained the towers crashing.

sigh.. -__-

• 3 years later...