Blizzard just thumbed their noses at their addicts.

Uncle Fester

Copied from Tom's Hardware. "

Blizzard's president Mike Morhaime is not concerned with missing the holiday season. "A huge installed fan base is buying the expansion pack regardless of when it's released," he said."

Sounds to me their saying "sit down, shut up, and continue to pony up the 15 bucks a month, we'll get the expansion to you when we are darn well ready."

I gave up WoW several months ago. Then started playing CS:S. I have not regretted this. I played WoW for almost a year and came to realize that it is nothing but the same level, loot grind all the way to the end game content and then it starts all over at lvl 60 with the raiding grind to get better gear. I don't miss it at all. It was fun for a while but lost it's appeal somewhere around lvl 57 for me. This is my personal opinion but most folks have to find this out for themselves.

Copied from Tom's Hardware. "

Blizzard's president Mike Morhaime is not concerned with missing the holiday season. "A huge installed fan base is buying the expansion pack regardless of when it's released," he said."

Sounds to me their saying "sit down, shut up, and continue to pony up the 15 bucks a month, we'll get the expansion to you when we are darn well ready."

I gave up WoW several months ago. Then started playing CS:S. I have not regretted this. I played WoW for almost a year and came to realize that it is nothing but the same level, loot grind all the way to the end game content and then it starts all over at lvl 60 with the raiding grind to get better gear. I don't miss it at all. It was fun for a while but lost it's appeal somewhere around lvl 57 for me. This is my personal opinion but most folks have to find this out for themselves.

dang. seems like they don't care about their customers at all. the only thing they're concerned about is the 15 bucks a month revenue from each player. i'll be canceling my subcription because... for the fifth time (should have learned my lesson...) the game failed to impress me.

That's why I've played Guild Wars for probably around 150+ hours. That game is more than just raiding and loot grind constantly. It concentrates on storyline more than leveling up. The forced partying is another thing I like about MMORPGs which is why I was almost compelled to get D&D Online. The thing I look for when playing an MMORPG is to interact with OTHER people, not sit by myself for hours on end and just level up. You can basically make friends from going on a mission with 7 other complete strangers. If you find people who are at least nice and don't complain about everyone not following what someone is saying, it'll turn out enjoyable (which is around 80% of the time).

parties are why I liked FFXI so much. The game was great with those

I like WoW because I can play for a short period of time and still have fun, and I have friends that play, so I don't really do any soloing. It's fun when you get on with your friends regardless of the game.

I really miss UO though...that game was freaking awesome.....

They're re-releasing it--revamped completely. I wonder if they still have my old character around.....they did after I stopped playing for like a year, but now it's been 3 or so...hehehe...

No, I like WoW...I got sick of Guild Wars fast because I didn't know anyone. I could definitely be persuaded to play it again though, provided people I know will play with me.

It's really all about who you play with when it comes to MMO's. I also don't think that Blizzard is thumbing their nose at anyone. I think he was more stating a fact. People WILL buy the expansion no matter when it comes out, and you know it. Also, Blizzard is basically saying that they'll launch it when its ready and not before, people that want it will have to wait.

There are a lot of game companies that could learn a valuable lesson from this (THIS MEANS YOU EA!). Launching a game before it's ready is a good way to screw your fan base and ruin a good game.

Maverick' date='Oct 25 2006, 12:34 PM' post='373142']No, I like WoW...I got sick of Guild Wars fast because I didn't know anyone. I could definitely be persuaded to play it again though, provided people I know will play with me.

I knew absolutely no one in GW the majority of my time playing it. Thats why forced partying makes interaction all the more easier.

Maverick' date='Oct 26 2006, 01:46 PM' post='373284']

Oh, don't worry, I'll never truly give up my CS addiction......it's so cold...yet, I'm sweating...and shaking...NEED CS!!!

hehe...j/k

No really though, I'll not quit playing CS anytime soon. Don't know why i can't stop, but I can't :D:D

Be forced to stop playing for almost a year, then start doing a lot of social crap, it will break. Mine will come back once football season is over. Then slack down again when baseball starts up. Woot!

Meh,

Ive played WoW on private servers a lot... had a lot of characters... Love the game... but private srvrs wont cut it .... there is jsut not enough ppl....

Since playing on the actual WoW realm, it made me love the game even more :D

So many ppl :P

Dunno why ppl hate lvl 60...

I think its one of the best parts, but whtvr...

• 2 weeks later...