bad day at work today ...

shep48

I know an engineer been working metra for years in chicago unfortunately it happens more than the news reports

he gets payed time off about a week everytime for emotional distress but also has to take tests because they have to rule out alcohol/drugs he is the engineer for the commuter lines so they take safety seriously. and sometimes he has had to go to court because estate of person sued and said it was his fault i.e. not stopping in time or signals not working ....

he just shrugs nothing you can do he said at first it bothered him really bad but after so many times it is just part of the job that you have to deal with. sorry this had to happen to you and pray that the injured person gets the help they need!

Took the train for a couple years into chicago, and about every 6 months some jackass with a death wish would jump out infront of a train. It would put the whole line to a stop, everyone would end up being very late to work. Why can't they jump off a bridge like everyone else.. I know it's mean, but....