Hold Time

Lower the hold time?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, since DWP came out, we raised the hold time to 10 secs. But now, since that's gone, 10 seconds hold time is WAY WAAAAYYY too much. I didn't know if this was a decision to keep it that long, or if it has just been ignored until now, that's why I created a poll.

I personally think 3 seconds is a good time. It's good to have such a short time, so that fast-buyers-fast-rushers can grab P90s and the not and charge spawns to catch people off guard. Anyway, just thought I'd bring this up.

Actually you're slightly incorrect Saris. Freezetime always was 10 seconds.

Awhile back I restored a setting that shortened it up overnight but had a mistake in that. This had the affect of always making it short. That was fixed around the time DWP came out. It had nothing to do with DWP though.

Actually the freezetime was long before it was short. It's there so the offense can figure out what they're doing, not so everyone has time to buy a gun. Also, it's nice everytime someone says "lame buy time" right before they leave, because at that moment you realize you're also glad that they left.

Actually you're slightly incorrect Saris. Freezetime always was 10 seconds.

Awhile back I restored a setting that shortened it up overnight but had a mistake in that. This had the affect of always making it short. That was fixed around the time DWP came out. It had nothing to do with DWP though.

Yeah, I remember it was longer before. I wasn't sure if it was 10 seconds, though, cause I couldn't help but notice being bought up and ready to go with 6-5 seconds left on hold time. That's why I made the poll just in case - It's mostly me noticing it, I think.

b-4-3

b-6-2

sometimes b-6-6 and b-6-4

....3 seconds of buying for me.

Anyway, by the looks of it, a medium of 6 looks good. This is all of course, a request because now I know why it's so high.

Another request would be to remove the long warm up rounds or have it so there are more warm up rounds just shorter times so there isn't all the tking going on.

Tried this on Recrud and it wasn't running all the way through the script I wrote. May try to rework it again sometime.

The reason for the long warmup time was so some with slower loading computers or connections could still get in (like me). Otherwise many people always end up missing the pistol round and it can often be a lot of fun.

thats why i said there should just be more warm up rounds and just a shorter time limit for each round so it would equal to the same amount of time in the end and stop the tking

Edited by Demoner

Even though DWP is off, it still takes longer to do buying. Rebuy is broken whether DWP is on or off, so those of us that don't have/use buy scripts are generally buying weapon, sidearm, armor, defuser, and throwables all separately.