DWP back on?

DWP was back on the West server today.

I haven't posted about the DWP thing before, wanting to take some time to evaluate it.

It is my opinion that in its current formation it is, without question, horrible game design.

A ) Including armor in the price: As of today, armor and helmet was over $3000. This means the average no-killer on the winning team will not be able to afford armor and helmet.

B ) Higher prices means more gun camping. More players will be loathe to lose their guns in a defuse, a hostie rescue, etc. It means more camping in general, to the detriment of teamplay.

C ) Better players are rewarded. Only a consistently good player will be able to consistently afford armor and a helmet-- a good player with a helmet vs an average player without a helmet is not exactly fun.

DWP is an interesting concept, certainly. Anytime you have a market economy, something can be implemented that uses that market in order to make the gameplay leveled and interesting.

There is nothing about the current setup of DWP that achieves its actual purpose. Even taking the insanity of having armor (a universal necessity) fall under the same economy as weapons, the expensive weapons are ludicrously expensive, the "cheap" weapons are not very cheap at all. Whatever math is being used to set dynamic weapons pricing is failing out of the gate. What's more, as DWP continues in its current pyramid pricing status, more and more servers will turn it off, making the data sample of DWP pricing smaller and smaller.

I realize that CS:S is set up to reward good players for good play in the first place, but I think that DWP accelerates that reward to the point of nonsense. I don't see any reason for re-implementing DWP when nothing about the system has substantially changed since it was taken off.

Here's the current link to DWP Dynamic Weapon Pricing Homepage

Edited by {9+}Fluffy

hi, uh, fluffy, is it?

glad you found our forums, etc. DWP comes on for one map anytime the server is restarted. i found laz passed out with an empty can of coffee grounds in the lead admin forum. he probably restarted the server (at least) once, and caused your DWP nightmares to return. as far as i know, it's not back on, yet.

just for the sake of conversation, DWP did drastically (or dare say, substantially) change the pistol pricing. least thats what i hurd, g.

ps - teh unemployed are more than welcome in the forums. stay, won't you?

Ah, well, color me embarrassed.

I put all that thought and stuff into stuff and look at what happened: Stuff!

And yeah, I'm done with my vacation. Hopefully no longer unemployed by the end of this week, too.

I'd honestly love DWP if they took armor out of the equation and made the curves either flatter or steeper-- they seem to have hit the perfect ugly point in the math for it.