Certification time.

TheReverend(c)

Well its that time again. After a few years or so I get my linux certification renewed. That means a few hours of testing for the certificate. The thing is I havent touched linux in a while and need a good resource or book to study. Im pretty sure Ill get at least 90% on the test but would like the help. Anyone know any specific books that are geared to certification? Im going CompTIA. :D

Well its that time again. After a few years or so I get my linux certification renewed. That means a few hours of testing for the certificate. The thing is I havent touched linux in a while and need a good resource or book to study. Im pretty sure Ill get at least 90% on the test but would like the help. Anyone know any specific books that are geared to certification? Im going CompTIA. :D

I got my A+ and Network+ from CTIA using only the For Dummies books. There are good resources on the cd and the cardboard bullet point of topics in the front were the only things I used. I never even read the book. I would see if there is a Linux for Dummies with the newest version of the test on it.

I don't know what's on the test, but whenever I need to refresh on details about linux I do an LFS install. Takes for ever, but really gets you back in touch with the system. :)

I think being a unix admin is like riding a bike, you never REALLY forget how. . . .

I haven't run unix boxes (outside of my desktop) in over 4 years. I find I still remember most of it, and can make up what I don't remember.

• 4 weeks later...