Anyone play Source on a laptop?

Silver-Bullet

I recently got a laptop for birthday/christmas. I was thinking about getting source, now that I have a computer that can handle it. Is it annoying to play on a laptop, or is it basically the same as a normal keyboard, except closer together?

Also, if I were to buy CSS through Steam's website, do I need to buy Half-life 2, or can I just buy CSS?

Laptop never bothered me, but when I was playing often I would usually hook up an external keyboard. This was more protection for the laptop, really, as I tend to hammer on my keys, but keyboards are pretty portable if you don't like the built-in one. For shorter sessions, I'll just hammer on the laptop, and that works fine for me.

The choice of mouse, in my opinion, is a much bigger issue

touchpad ftw! :freak:

Do you use the touchpad? I cant even get those things to go where I want them to on a web browser... let alone in a game :erm:

lol, i was kidding.... I'm good with the touchpad, but not THAT good

I have played source on my laptop (inspiron 6000D), graphics weren't very high, but it was very playable with a decent mouse!

I started on a laptop and touchpad. Touchpad was hard but it got me started.

I did too. I am pretty sure my sensitivity was around 13, but it did its trick. I wouldn't recommend to start out on a touchpad though because it makes things alot harder then using a mouse.

Edited by Demoner

The only computer I have is a three year old laptop, I use it for everything. Games, homework, reports, cs:s, everything...

I use a cord-mouse, and a wireless keyboard. I also use Omega Drivers, because they're the only drivers I could find for my 9600 mobility.

When I play source I average about 20 fps, depending on the map and how many people are playing. So, it's about time I upgrade. :(