Looking to buy a Digital Camera

Demoner

SD Memory is cheap these days, anyway. I made an impulse purchase the other day at a Fry's, $27.99 for a 2 GB SD card. The same card is $18, $5 shipping but out of stock on Newegg.com. 2GBx2 bundles get even cheaper per GB. When you're sinking the kind of coin you are into a 6MP camera that fits in your hand, another $25 for memory shouldn't be that big a deal and you will get a LOT for that.

And flash memory seems to drop in price every week, no joke, so who knows what you can get when you actually put your cash on the table.

Edited by appalachian_fox

Yeah memory is no biggie...I keep seeing 2gig SD cards all over the place for $19 CAD...once I fill up my 1gig I'll consider getting another

Oh and another thing...when you get your camera never leave it at home!!! Yesterday morning on my drive to work I passed a coffee shop with a taxi parked at the counter!!! ROFL...the one day I leave my camera at home...!

Best advice is to do some research to figure out what features you need and which ones you want and ones that don't matter. Cnet.com has good reviews and you can sort by price. Any of the big camera makers have good models in different price ranges but not many make a great camera in all the price ranges so do a little research and find the the top models in your price range.

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston_512mb_sec...html?adid=17662

Just have to make sure the camera you purchase runs off of secure digital.

I just bought two of them, since the rebate is for two per household. One for me, fits a movie for my treo. the other goes to my mom for her Canon powershot 630 something. It's an 8MP camera. It's really cool, but takes up a decent amount of space b/c of 4 AA batteries.

If you want small, get a nice lcd on it. and make sure it supports large SD cards. My g/f's 6MP Sony Cypershot has a 1 gig sd card and it holds around 300 pics with also some small movies ;)

buy.com always has some good deals on lots of stuff.

I use their credit card on everything. even 8 bucks at walmart lol. 3% from buy.com and 1% on everything else in rewards. I pay my tution on it and get $1 back for every 1 point earned. Also your first buy you get 30 bucks off a item(s)