making west great (part 2)

stutters

real life is a pain. laz and i are both MIA with different things, and the server needs some love (based on server rank @ game-monitor.com).

what would you guys like to see? new maps--what kind (cs/de/aim/fy)? weapon limits or restrictions (awp/auto)? i just haven't been in game enough lately to know what the vibe is, but we got a good server, a good community, and should be killing it. if you need some ideas, take a peek at panic's thread, the chicago consolidation thread, or just have a couple and post up.

- sj

Based on from what I read from Recrude mid-west server, I like the idea of 2 awps or less per team. Custom map night, gungame or whatever activity you guys want to do. Maybe some more .gc guys that has smacking power because lately there has been an influx of lame people passing through not reading MOTD and not listening to us regs letting them know.

TKing has gotten a lot worse, I also notice some admins have different thinking in what names are legal or not. Well that's about it.

It seems to me lately since i rarely see admin on, so maybe even if there were just a few moderators with admin chat and the kick command...We could control the riff raff a little instead of just spamming them to change name and don't swear. I also think we should have like an activity night that changes pace every once in a while, i still have not played gun game or a v.i.p map and would really like too. but the limiting guns...i think that is kind of a double edged sword, i know i usually leave servers that have gun restrictions... Also i dont know what is going on with votemap and those commands...but maybe even if it was only if admin was not on....that might help later in the day with server pop.

Restricting guns makes the game less pure in my opinion. If you don't deal with AWP's you never have to learn how to smoke, flash, and then rush the guy. If your saving for an AWp and you go to buy one fianly afeter getting owned trying to glock 3 rounds and some nub gets transfered over that round and has 10K already and an AWP so you have to buy something else beacuse your already 0-3 then you come to a spot where an AWP would get you through but not a MP5 at this range your going to go to a server that lets you spend your money as you see fit.

Restricting a gun just means that you admit that you can't beat it. I don't like auto snipers but that dosen't mean i can't flank him and cut his throat.

• 3 weeks later...

I quit playing there because i can't stand the team stacking any longer.

One night i was playing on West.. there were four players total on cbble.. And it was 3 vs 1.. Me as T, 3 as CT. One was GC member and another was a regular to West. 3-4 rounds pass by and nobody makes a motion to change teams.

I talked to John about that and he thought instead of just leaving i should have kicked/temp ban as necessary. I could name off atleast 20 names of people that are either regulars or gc members that always join the easy side of a map. Seriously, if you do not see a problem with team stacking then something is wrong. I see it everytime i join and i leave to deathmatch before i ever finish a map. If i were allowed to, i would force people to switch teams or set mani to force players to a random team at the start of every map instead of letting them pick.

Another thing i took note of is that people always try their best in game. It's more of just a competitive pub now than a fun and friendly environment. We can't even play on ka_airdrop2 anymore without losing half the server and getting numerous complaints. Then when there's a lost newb left alive by himself.. The majority of the server goes "SLAY!!!!" or "votekick".. Honestly, the server is no longer newb friendly. People complain too much when they die now.. I got to listen to an admin complain all night when i last played. The fun and friendly environment is gone..

I do not think the problem is getting people in and regulars to stay. I think we have enough but that they're driving all the visitors away by being to rough and competitive. Yes, we are a competitive pub that enforces teamwork but it is getting uncontrolably out of hand right now.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter.