MS4 - cs_kismayo

mookie

GC Alumni

cs_kismayo has been around on Saturday Night Customs for quite a while, drawing strong feelings both for and against. It's a complex map, with some large open spaces for snipers. Rescue the hostages to win.

I like kismayo. It's a huge map, with many ways for the CTs to get to and rescue the hosties. To counter this, the Ts have the high ground. My experience with this map is that it's fairly balanced. The only detractor in my opinion is that sometimes rounds can drag on forever because of the size of the map.

im going to bash this map because it is one of the worst maps i have played. for one it is way to big. there are so many ways for the cts or ts to go its insane. you cant watch that many ways. for the few rounds i played i would go one way and all the sudden get shot in the back by the opposite team because i cant watch 3 ways at once. plus the hostage rescue points are pretty close to the hosties themselves. im not a big fan of hostie maps in the first place. this map to me ranks up there with assault in my most disliked maps list.

I'm with Soldat, though this map is fun for goofing around, the scale of this map is too large in my opinion for a CSS map. While I know Ice_Berge has hosted some huge maps during custom map night that were quite good, kismayo doesn't take advantage of it's size to create different areas for CT's and T's instead it appears to just be a mesh of corridors and alleys.