SO ITS TAX TIME AND TIME FOR A NEW SYSTEM NO MORE EMACHINE FOR ME

case

hard drive

video card

psu

ram

mobo

processor

i need help choosing an operating system ive never used any thing but xp home. with fans and heat sinks this comes to about $1,400 i also need a monitor for this rig. open to all suggestions id like to keep it all under $1,500 (have to buy new tires for my truck $1,200 for em :( ) i dont see tht happening so as close to tht as possible. this is solely for gaming no media of any kind will be on this. my old rig is better suited for tht any ways. opting for onboard sound for the time being going to be harsh going form a fatality sound card to on board sound but hay im cheap.

Edited by Z3RO

my only thought is you might consider looking at an nvidia graphics card since that awesome mobo you have there supports sli... unless of course you don't ever see yourself taking advantage of sli.

I'd suggest looking at this if you want to consider an nvidia card:

eVGA Geforce 7950GT KO 512MB

eVGA rocks!

Otherwise, thats a pretty sweet looking system!

opting for onboard sound for the time being going to be harsh going form a fatality sound card to on board sound but hay im cheap.

if you had that on your old comp, cant you take it out of that one and put it in the new one?

i could take out the sound card buti use it to watch movies and listen to music so its more important on the old rig.

im almost positive ill never use sli plus i plan on getting an 8800 when thy come down in price. i was looking for a board tht allowed for good oc this seemed to suit pretty well. plus the ati video card boasts 1800mhz clock speed.

(edited)

give me a day or two and i'll post up. what price are you looking for? $1500 for the tower, monitor and operating system? no speakers, keyboard or mouse needed?

Edited by Cujo

If you're familiar with XP Home, I don't see a reason to change:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.....x=0&Go.y=0

Pick up an OEM copy while you're buying your computer hardware, as it comes with an upgrade to Vista. You need to buy hardware, but you're doing that already, so bonus. If someone recommends a specific version of Windows to you, all the better, but if you know home and don't need any other functions why mess with success?

Plus, these OEMs come with a free upgrade coupon to Vista if you should want to try it out later.

The downsides are that the OEM has a stricter license agreement than a full retail version (it is tied to a piece of hardware), you don't get three months of Microsoft support, and there is speculation that XP CD keys are invalidated once you upgrade to Vista, but those speculations are based upon a tenuous interpretation of an implicit statement in the EULA. However, if this is to be your gaming rig for a long time to come (including upgrades), then that's a great way to get a legitimate copy of Windows with which you are already familiar.

Depending on the license agreement on your eMachines, you may opt for an OEM copy of XP Media Center to tie to that machine and move your XP Home copy to your new machine, but that's likely not within the scope of your XP Home agreement on your eMachines.

Happy hunting!