Duke Nukem

Dingy

In cleaning the closet (and getting rid of a ton of old computer stuff), I cam across my copy of

Duke Nukem 3D. Remember that? (IIRC, it is the full version).

Would this be worthy of some playtime (@FF), or should it not even be consdered?

(Might be better than Fish fropping vehicles on my head :)

Thoughts?

Edited by Dingy

Duke Nukem Forever... what the heck happened to that?

anyways i think we should give it a go!

"In February 2006, Broussard gave an interview and updated the status on Forever. He reported that everything was together and in full production, and that the guns, creatures, and everything else had been finished. Broussard said that the development team was tweaking and polishing the game and putting it all together.[20] In April, Broussard demonstrated samples of the game, including an early level, a vehicle sequence, and a few test rooms.[21]

In June, in a filing with the SEC, Take-Two revealed that they had renegotiated the deal and will receive $4.25 million instead of $6 million upon the release of the game.[22] The filing also revealed that Take-Two was offering a $US 500,000 bonus if Forever was commercially released by December 31, 2006.[23] However, Broussard denied the rumors that DNF would be released, saying that 3D Realms never cared for or asked for the bonus. He stated that he would "never ship a game early...for 500K."[24]

On August 30, 2006, Shacknews reported that several key employees had left 3D Realms.[25] They speculated that the departures would lead to further delays for Forever. However, 3D Realms strongly denied these claims, stating that the employees had left over a number of months and that the game was still moving ahead.[26]

On January 25, 2007, 3D Realms posted a Gamasutra job ad with a small (200x125 pixel) screenshot of Duke Nukem holding two guns. After intense speculation, Broussard later confirmed that it was a real in-game screenshot.[27] "

There is your answer about Duke Nukem Forever.

Duke Nukem Forever... what the heck happened to that?

anyways i think we should give it a go!

"In February 2006, Broussard gave an interview and updated the status on Forever. He reported that everything was together and in full production, and that the guns, creatures, and everything else had been finished. Broussard said that the development team was tweaking and polishing the game and putting it all together.[20] In April, Broussard demonstrated samples of the game, including an early level, a vehicle sequence, and a few test rooms.[21]

In June, in a filing with the SEC, Take-Two revealed that they had renegotiated the deal and will receive $4.25 million instead of $6 million upon the release of the game.[22] The filing also revealed that Take-Two was offering a $US 500,000 bonus if Forever was commercially released by December 31, 2006.[23] However, Broussard denied the rumors that DNF would be released, saying that 3D Realms never cared for or asked for the bonus. He stated that he would "never ship a game early...for 500K."[24]

On August 30, 2006, Shacknews reported that several key employees had left 3D Realms.[25] They speculated that the departures would lead to further delays for Forever. However, 3D Realms strongly denied these claims, stating that the employees had left over a number of months and that the game was still moving ahead.[26]

On January 25, 2007, 3D Realms posted a Gamasutra job ad with a small (200x125 pixel) screenshot of Duke Nukem holding two guns. After intense speculation, Broussard later confirmed that it was a real in-game screenshot.[27] "

There is your answer about Duke Nukem Forever.

but..... but.... Forever was suppose to be a game that we could all bash on about never coming out! THEY CANT DO THIS!

and thanks ^_^

I remember buying it in some mall near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland (school trip) when it first came out. I still use the mouse pad it came with! On that note it's not appropriate for some of the younger attendees like discom and jackiechan

• 3 weeks later...
Had some good times on Nukem. Remember the first time you ran in the bathroom and the mirror actually worked? Seems so long ago...when was that?

'96 :tired:

dukenuke_screen005.jpg

Just realized that was Duke Nukem 3! ...it was '91 when Apogee released the original Duke Nukem

In cleaning the closet (and getting rid of a ton of old computer stuff), I cam across my copy of

Duke Nukem 3D. Remember that? (IIRC, it is the full version).

Would this be worthy of some playtime (@FF), or should it not even be consdered?

(Might be better than Fish fropping vehicles on my head :)

Thoughts?

OH YEAH!

"Those alien ******** are going to pay for shooting up my ride!"

"I've come to kick *** and chew gum; and I'm all outta gum!"

"You bottom feeding, scum sucking, algea eater!"

"Come get some!"

Needless to say...I definitely want to play some DN3D

two words... Shadow Warrior... I am Lo Wang.. Baseball wrong, man with 4 balls cannot walk!

Yes Shadow Warrior was great too! I also loved Redneck Rampage and Blood was good. The all used the Build engine, the same as Duke.

I also recently beat Doom and Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence on my work breaks. Good Stuff!

You all gotten ahold of the ORGINAL mario bros. 2? not the one that was released in america but the TRUE copy of the game?

It looks exactly like mario 1 but it is insanely difficult, if anyone wants the rom/emu let me know