Quick question

Silver-Bullet

Thanks alot, another quick question. I'm a total computer n00b, and really have no idea on whats good or not. Is my current set up good enough to run CSS? What kind of FPS would I be looking at. I'd prob configure differently to get good FPS and little lag, but I'm still wondering.

1.81 GHz

480mb of RAM

NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150 graphics card

DirectX 9.0

AMD Turion 64 Processor

Any other things I should tell you about? I really have no idea, so I'd appreciate the help

(edited)

These are the requirments as listed for CSS:

Minimum: 1.2 GHz Processor, 256MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP/ME/98, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended: 2.4 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX 9 level graphics card, Windows 2000/XP, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

So I would think that you could run CSS. I would suggest starting with everything on the lowest settings and looking at your fps via net_graph3. Then if your satisfied with your fps you can adjust the settings for the best balance of fps and graphics.

This topic ( http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...showtopic=20942 ) has some great info on tweaking CSS using a config file.

Hope that helps.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel