Age of Conan

Unclean

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

I signed up for the beta awhile ago. I also signed up for the beta for WaR, but I guess I'm not deemed a worthy candidate for beta testing. I will be

trying this game out for sure when it comes out, however. There was an ad on the back cover of this month's issue of PC gamer stating the May 20th

release date. I don't think this release date will be pushed back!

signed up for beta.

I signed up a year ago, never heard from 'em. :( Did you get into the beta?

And for those of you that plan on playing, let's all start on the same server. What class do you plan on starting with?

I totally agree! Anyone that is planing on giving this a try, lets all get on the same server so we can group up.

As for the classes, I also agree with making those choices together so we can get ones that compliment

each other. From your link above the "basic" sterotypes will be;

Priest = healing classes, buffing classes and dark macic dps

Soldier = tanking classes

Rogue = melee dps classes

Mage = ranged dps and CC classes

Right off the top, I think I will want a healing class. I might also want a melee dps class, the barbarian and assasin look cool.

I have a tank as my main role in WoW, and I really want to take a break from that. First choice will be a pure healer and/or buffer.

I've never liked tanking classes... not sure why. My order of preference is:

Rogue/Mage

Priest

Soldier

Necromancer looks like fun, but probably a lot of upkeep. In Guild Wars, healing as a monk was my favorite, and in WoW, it was DPS as a Warlock (more dots!). So more specifically, I've been looking at the Necromancer, Dark Templar, Ranger, and Tempest of Set. Oh, the decisions!

So wayfarer... sounds like we'd need a tank or some other "in your face" kinda class to complete our trinity of death.

That's a good analogy but that doesn't mean World of Warcraft will be very similar to Age of Conan. If anything your analogy means you could hate World of Warcraft but still love Age of Conan. I hate Halo but love Call of Duty, both FPSes. I hate Chocolate cake but love Vanilla cake.

Oh, I have plenty of time to waste... for me, it was just too repetitive in WoW. "Collect 10 skulls", "Collect 15 troll tusks" got old after awhile. Compare that to Guild Wars, where the only collection you had to do was to trade for optional items.

How high do the levels go in AoC? I heard somewhere that it could be as high as 80.

I will so make a tank.My main in wow is a resto shaman,plus i have a rogue so i think i could make a in your face toon.

I also have GW's,haven't done pvp aspect yet.Let me know who you are so i can try pvp.

I will so make a tank.My main in wow is a resto shaman,plus i have a rogue so i think i could make a in your face toon.

I also have GW's,haven't done pvp aspect yet.Let me know who you are so i can try pvp.

Yes!! Then the trinity of destruction is complete. :)

Did you like having a resto shaman as your main in WoW? If so, I think you'd really dig the Bear Shaman... seems to be similar. Heavier armor, animal/druid-like tendencies, totems, etc.

I might try a Demonologist, since it's similar to the Warlock (my main) in WoW.

For what little PvP I did in GW/WoW, I enjoyed the DOT aspect the most. WoW = warlock with lots of dots, and GW = drainger with poisons and bleeding.