Age of Conan

Unclean

My shaman is main healer for my guild.i was enhancement til i hit 60,then went resto for the guild and they helped me get all my gear to heal.I have 1667 bonus heals and over 2100 when buffed.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Ugh tanking is such an antiquated role... I don't know why they don't take them out of MMO's... if a healer is being trained by a mob then he or she should be able to kite it not sit there while some guy soaks up damage. The problem with GW PvP is right now with the current meta and the current PvP guilds it's hard to get into if you're new... if you do have any spare time to sink into it I'd suggest signing up at www.teamlove.us which runs a few guilds called Team Love [kiSu] (of course) with a cool mentoring type program where experienced PvP mentors help new guys into PvP and there's even a division for people who've never done PvP. My guild is still trying to maintain a rank in the top 1000 but with all the gimmicks it's hard. Oh and of course I could always give you an invite to my guild and you could participate in our open GvG nights where we open up some of our slots for people in our mostly PvE alliance who have very little to no experience in PvP.

P.S. While RA is good for practicing new builds... it can be frustrating and is full of leavers, griefers, etc.

P.P.S. http://www.wegame.com/watch/Kings_Beyond_t...Never_Die_Pwnd/ (A video hosted on wegame.com that shows an example GvG match... my guild [KING] vs. some other guild called [PWND].

Edited by Allanon

• 1 month later...

Score. Have any of you preordered yet?

I preordered the game from Gamestop, and took the week of May 19-23rd off from work. Hopefully it's awesome, and if not, then I'll just have a free vacation week to do whatever. :)

And does anyone know how PvP is gonna work in this game? Is it going to be open (anyone can kill anyone at any time?) or an invite-only pvp style (you have to "accept" before a battle)?

The Fileplanet beta is meant to start today/tomorrow. It appeared to let me start the game yesterday, but I could only see a cursor. I'll try again today and see how it pans out. From all I've read about it, seems to be a great game, but I think I'm going to spending most/all my spare time in Liberty City for the next couple of months.....

(edited)

It's a fileplanet subscriber beta, it's not meant to go live until the 2nd of May according to the site (which is probably why I couldn't get it running properly yesterday evening, even after the 200mb patch download).

I don't agree in the way it's been done in all honesty, the only way to sign up was to download "comrade" which is basically Gamespy's answer to x-fire and get notified through there of key release times which I thought was a cheap way of getting this bloated piece of software out to market, but there we go, I did it and should be merrily playing AoC having uninstalled comrade tomorrow with any luck.

edit: to put the patch size into perspective, there was another 20+mb patch 2 days ago, and the original "packed" file I had to download was 12.7GB...............................

Edited by Leveller

Ah, but you have to be a Fileplanet subscriber, right? I can wait a few weeks for $50. :)

Unless you don't like the game, then I call dibs on your copy.

I agree. I was going to preorder to check out the beta, but once I saw you had to

get a membership with fileplanet I decided to wait till launch.

Agreed, I wouldn't have subscribed for just 1 beta, but I signed up a couple of years ago and have just kept the subscription I don't like waiting in a line for a download and have over the last couple of years had plenty of "exclusive" beta events I've tried, several of which have saved me money as I realized I didn't like the gameplay of a game I'd been convinced I wanted.

Just had the following email, so I guess I know what I'm doing either tonight or tomorrow:

ACTIVATE AND PLAY NOW!

The Age of Conan beta has begun. If you've received a key, be sure to activate your account and download to start playing immediately. To activate your beta key and create an account, visit Funcom's account creation site.

Looking forward to this game!! We'll see how it all pans out though, because tomorrow I will have my copy of GTA IV, and once I start playing that, it may be a while before I play another game. Except for CS of course, seeing as I always go back to that game one way or another, I guess nothing else compares yet...maybe AOC will be my new addiction soon...

I can provide a review:

After 4 more downloads and file verification last night, I got it up and running. I did the character creation piece, and I must say it looked great and ran surprisingly smoothly. So, did that, clicked join game and got a black screen. Retry this 3-4 times, same deal, didn't save the characters either.

So I verified the game files, did a defrag on my hard-drive (the 13 gb download and subsequent install appeared to make a hell of a mess) but I haven't tried it since then.

So....... having decided to go play some GTA IV instead last night, I'll update over the weekend if when I next try it, I get past the black screen stage I got to last night.

Uh, the black screen IS the game. Stop being lazy and post a review.

How was the blackiness? Did you feel that the black screen user interface was too busy? Too simple? And what about the lack of color/graphics?

Black screen look like this?

zork1.PNG

Dude...I remember those games, they were awesome, lol. I remember rushing home from school to fire up my sweet Commodore Vic 20 and taking myself away to adventure land, aaahhhh.....memories..

I'm currently in the Beta.

I have mixed feelings, graphics are great, voice acting is good. Character creation is very flexible. The combat system is a welcome change from most MMOs. However there are some issues with the beta release. Apparently Funcom loaded down the beta clients with a bunch of extra debugging and diagnostic software. There is also some question of is the beta release the latest version or not, some comments seem to indicate it's not. The end result is that you get some really long load times and slow downs when entering new sections. Once everything is loaded up the game runs fine, until new content is encountered. Overall if the release client runs well on my system I'll pick it up to play for a couple months. If any one has any specific question ask here and I'll answer them.

Penty