Age of Conan

Unclean

I wish I could add more to Penty's thoughts, but I spent an initial 30 minutes of game time with it on Friday and haven't started it up again...... There's a limit to how much fun I was going to have killing Crocodiles or "bandits" when Liberty City was begging to be explored.

I know it's hardly a fair overview, but I wasn't bitten by the WoW, Guild Wars etc. bug so I can't really provide much of a comparison. However from what I saw, loading wasn't overly quick, but the game world does look pretty good, and despite a lot of people in the beta forums finding it hellishly slow at times, I actually had absolutely no noticeable slow down anywhere, it seemed to be whipping along quite nicely, and I also liked the combat system.

If the beta hadn't been released the same week as GTAIV I'd probably have spent a lot more time on it

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fileplanet also. DX9, 75% of folks I know who've taken the vista plunge have gone back to XP (I also run our work VPN at home and the client doesn't support XP currently, and I don't always want to boot up the laptop).

FYI--I'm sticking with Penty's review on these kind of games. He plays ALOT of them. If anyone can give you a true to form client review it will be him.

The game looks pretty cool and I've been itchin for something new. Not a real big fan of MMO's because I lose interest quickly but this looks like it might be worth a shot. I'll be looking forward to some more info from ya Penty.

Wish I could have gotten in on the Beta but I can wait.

(edited)
Not a real big fan of MMO's because I lose interest quickly but this looks like it might be worth a shot.

MMO's, surprisingly enough, can get incredibly boring and repetetive if your by yourself all the time.

This style of game shows it's true colors when you get in with a group of active players that wish to

explore what the game has to offer. Teamwork is the only way to experience what these games truly

offer.

Edited by wayfarer

Update:

On the 10th of May we are transforming the entire Open Beta into PvP MAYHEM, while at the same time giving you access to all which Hyboria as to offer! That is right, as we take down our servers for a short period we are at the same time changing the entire server rule-set to Free For All PvP carnage! Your servers will ALL become PvP! Participate if you dare, or make a new character and stay in the safety of Tortage!

Ok, they just released a major update to the client that fixed the major issues I was having. What is left is probably due to my machines limitations. I'm more inclined then ever to pick it up.

(edited)

I've been watching videos of this game and am even more anxious than ever to play it... I have it pre-ordered and will play on the early access date... Penty or Leveller, did either of you have a chance to play the pvp they opened up yesterday? If so what did you think of it? I'm pretty sure my friends will want to roll a pvp server, but I heard some bad things about the pvp in AOC...

I think once this game comes out Source will be done with for a bit, seeing as I will playing between GTA 4 and AOC... Knowing me though I can't leave source for too long...

Edited by DragonFire

I've been watching videos of this game and am even more anxious than ever to play it... I have it pre-ordered and will play on the early access date... Penty or Leveller, did either of you have a chance to play the pvp they opened up yesterday? If so what did you think of it? I'm pretty sure my friends will want to roll a pvp server, but I heard some bad things about the pvp in AOC...

I think once this game comes out Source will be done with for a bit, seeing as I will playing between GTA 4 and AOC... Knowing me though I can't leave source for too long...

Where did you preorder? I preordered at the Gamestop store... do they give out early access keys too?

And you guys need to post up where you create your characters. I'll join ya guys when the game goes live.

Where did you preorder? I preordered at the Gamestop store... do they give out early access keys too?

And you guys need to post up where you create your characters. I'll join ya guys when the game goes live.

Thats where I preordered from too Unclean... Ummm they should send you an email soon enough(took I think 2 days from when I preordered) with all the info you need for early access and everything else you get with the gamestop preorder, but the link to start downloading the 13.5 gigs is already out and about, but before you get in to the game itself you will need to pay $5.00. I'm downloading now and it looks like with having to pause it to play my games every now and then it will prolly be done downloading on the 16th or so, depends on how it goes... So I would start downloading as soon as possible...

I will definitely let you know what server and everything because my one friend is not preordering so I thought I would be alone in the early access, but maybe not after all... And just so you know the $5 also covers 10 days of gameplay, so you're not just paying for 3 days early.

Thats where I preordered from too Unclean... Ummm they should send you an email soon enough(took I think 2 days from when I preordered) with all the info you need for early access and everything else you get with the gamestop preorder, but the link to start downloading the 13.5 gigs is already out and about, but before you get in to the game itself you will need to pay $5.00. I'm downloading now and it looks like with having to pause it to play my games every now and then it will prolly be done downloading on the 16th or so, depends on how it goes... So I would start downloading as soon as possible...

I will definitely let you know what server and everything because my one friend is not preordering so I thought I would be alone in the early access, but maybe not after all... And just so you know the $5 also covers 10 days of gameplay, so you're not just paying for 3 days early.

Awesome... let's rock those War Mammoths.

And when I went to the Gamestop store, they never gave me one of those keys. I called them up, and they've got a pile of them now. I'll stop by there tonight and grab one to start pre-downloading.

Word on the streets is that unscrupulous employees keep those early access cards to sell on ebay.

Heh yea I tried PvP walked into a tavern and got walloped before I finished loading up all the shaders. =)

What the deuce? I can't pre-download either. :(

Just out of curiosity, how is this going to work when the game starts? How can we make sure we're all reasonably at the same point? I know in Guild Wars, it was tough because some people would powerlevel like crazy, and other people would lag behind so we could never really quest at the same point (unless the "powerleveler" folks would come back and help).

Oh, and another question... we ARE rolling on a PvP server, right?

I probably won't have my copy until the 22nd, Amazon 2nd day shipping... Unless they have a way to download the client from their site. If not I will have to put in some 6 hour days to catch up with you guys. :)â™