Age of Conan

Unclean

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No good places around here to pre-order the game. The Gamestop around here is pretty much consoles only and 80% of it is used copies. Every other store like BestBuy and such are too far away.

I thought the 5 dollars they charged people to download the game was to cover the bandwidth.

(edited)

We are for sure rolling a PvP server(so if thats not you're thing then you'll prolly want to start on another server)... If all of you have steam friends let me know you're names on there and I will add you. I think we could prolly use ventrillo through GC's server, I don't think Fatty would mind :) So I guess I will be alone in the early access which is fine...

I do normally work the weekdays, but this coming week I have vacation, so I will probably be playing like crazy until I am working again...lol... And the weekend of the 23rd I am leaving to go to the VI LAN party in IN, so you guys should be able to catch up to me then :)

The war mammoth sounds and looks amazing(if you check out you tube there are some nice videos on it). I wonder if we could have enough people just in GC(people in the GC community) to make a guild city, if not we'll have to start something up, cuz the guild cities also seem pretty amazing...

And Voodoo, the 5 dollars covers 10 days of gameplay and gives you early access(prolly covers band with too, but still).

Also days and times I can play... I can play weekdays from around 6pm to 11pm and weekends I can usually play all night(unless I have plans) seeing as I work third shift.

Edited by DragonFire

Haha... you'll be on vacation next week too? I'm off from the 17th-27th, so you'll see me on a lot too. :)

We should look into creating an AoC channel to keep things organized. I'm not sure where the vent password is posted though, otherwise I'd do it.

Ya Unclean thats funny... Well our vacation doesn't roll over and it starts over in June, so I wanted to take my second week off before then lol... Just so happened that this game is coming out too, so I have some time to spend on it :) Ya I figured we'd make an AoC channel, I think if you just shoot Fatty a pm about it, he'll make it up...

I pre-ordered it from EB Games. I don't fully have access to a car since I drive my mom's so I don't think it's a real big deal. Plus, I plan on getting a new rig soon with my stimulus and tax rebate checks. As with VooDoo, I got it with 2 day shipping.

I just hope my stupid computer doesn't turn even more stupid on me and refuses to work. Seems like it's getting to that point... I can feel it.

I pre-ordered it from EB Games. I don't fully have access to a car since I drive my mom's so I don't think it's a real big deal. Plus, I plan on getting a new rig soon with my stimulus and tax rebate checks. As with VooDoo, I got it with 2 day shipping.

I just hope my stupid computer doesn't turn even more stupid on me and refuses to work. Seems like it's getting to that point... I can feel it.

What a dump.

Yay, its the day I can playAoC, now I just wait until 1pm eastern... Should be easy, going to sleep soon, I have some things to do when I wake up and then by that time it should be 1pm :) I have xfire now, my name is dragonfire1985 on there, and my nickname on steam is Dragonfire... Add me if you are playing AoC or if you just want to.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Got an e-mail from EB Games approximately 2 minutes ago saying that Age of Conan is on it's way to my house and is expected to arrive on the 20th.

Guess I keep getting confused about pre-ordering games online...

Don't get too far ahead guys. I don't want another WoW incident where I get the game with everyone else then I end up having to do 99% of the game by myself because everyone ditched me.

Edited by JackieChan

I'm the only one starting early Jackie, and if I need to, I can start over when you all start I think or just help you guys out(which sounds better)... This is pretty great the crew we have going here and I know one other person playing too, so its going to be sweet, I could prolly talk a few irl friends too at some point(one just doesn't have the system for it so prolly not him)... I wouldn't ditch you Jackie as long as you are on around the times I'm on I will definitely help out! Oh ya! 2 and 1/2 more hours to go...lol...

We've recently learned that early access to "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures" is full due to unforeseen high demand. Therefore, if you had not already registered, your promotion code will not grant you early access. However, the unique code that you have received will grant you access to this valuable in-game bow. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Hardy har har.

I noticed when I registered it said something like, "We will enjoy seeing you on May 23rd" or something. What's with that?

GC Alumni
(edited)
We've recently learned that early access to "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures" is full due to unforeseen high demand. Therefore, if you had not already registered, your promotion code will not grant you early access. However, the unique code that you have received will grant you access to this valuable in-game bow. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Hardy har har.

I noticed when I registered it said something like, "We will enjoy seeing you on May 23rd" or something. What's with that?

Shrug, but I know I'll be installing it for a few hours on the 20th :D

I'm the only one starting early Jackie, and if I need to, I can start over when you all start I think or just help you guys out(which sounds better)... This is pretty great the crew we have going here and I know one other person playing too, so its going to be sweet, I could prolly talk a few irl friends too at some point(one just doesn't have the system for it so prolly not him)... I wouldn't ditch you Jackie as long as you are on around the times I'm on I will definitely help out! Oh ya! 2 and 1/2 more hours to go...lol...

Thankie :)

Edited by JackieChan

(edited)

Ugh I started logging in at 1pm eastern, kept trying over and over, thought I'd check out what people are saying online, and I guess they delayed it by 3 hours, so now I have to wait until 4pm eastern... I am sad now, oh well I've waited this long, I can wait longer...lol... Sorry to all those who pre-ordered and did not get in to early access...

Opened the updater for Conan and it is a sure thing that it is delayed 3 hours...

Edited by DragonFire

I think I'll go pick up another copy today. Already have one copy, bought it yesterday and game stop. I might just go get another one.

Apparently I'll have to wait until the 20th to play. I might join you all, just keep things posted here so I know whats going on.

(edited)

Alright guys! I have joined the PvP server Stormrage and depending on how well I like it, thats the one that will stay for now. I played through the first mission and am now in the first city... It was pretty amazing! I love the combat system! No auto attack so make sure you are ready for being able to pay attention to pushing buttons on the keyboard(I looked into the combat system already, but was anxious to try it out). It works great, and the fact that if you are attacking a certain direction and you have more than one enemy and hes on that side, he or they will take damage. So soloing in this game will be much easier I can imagine...

I do have vista and am capable of running DX10, if some of you are I believe you will be in for some wonderful eye candy(I think it will still look nice either way). The dynamic lighting is just so beautiful and just most everything is :D I haven't checked my fps but I haven't lagged yet and I have everything pretty much to the max... I think it was a descent launch even if it was delayed by 3 hours, I think it was prolly for the best. And if you know mmos you know there will always be problems at launch so its all good!

I will keep you all informed of how everything goes without giving away the plot. I do have xfire now, I think we will have to talk to each other through that or pm here and before the public launch I will make sure we have a vent subtopic in the gc ventrillo or somebody will :)

Alright I"m off to play some more, can't wait to have some friends in the server!

My xfire name is dragonfire1985 .

Edited by DragonFire

I just stopped playing like an hour ago(I need to go to sleep)... The only thing that sucks is the PvP in a way, of course some of you will love it, but its pretty much free for all except for a few designated cities... I was owned a few times already by being ganked by people just camping out... I'm level 14 right now, and once I hit 19 or 20 I'm going to stay where I'm at(at 20 you leave and go to a completely different area) and just help you guys level around the area and complete quests... Although there is a single player part until you're 20 also, but there is not much to kill and it takes time. I'm an assassin so I could stealth around where you guys are killing to gain experience and if anyone tries to gank you guys I'll make sure they don't do it again...lol...

Maybe it won't be so bad later on, but I'll prolly make an Alt in a PvE server just in case I need a server to fall back on if the PvP gets to me... I think right now it sucks for me because I'm alone, I think once everyone is in it will be much better as a group.

And Jackie my computer is pretty powerful so it better be playable for me, but there are tons of options to turn things down, but with most everything on high I am getting between 50-70 fps...