Heroes....

ZeroDamage

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good episode

when I was watching it I called it that peter would come back to life when the piece was removed, kinda like when claire woke up in the coroners

anyone else catch when they were doing flashs of the future there was a TV and it said "America Remembers" and it had a picture of sylar on it. Weird. Makes me think he does something big right before the bomb

very good episode

when I was watching it I called it that peter would come back to life when the piece was removed, kinda like when claire woke up in the coroners

anyone else catch when they were doing flashs of the future there was a TV and it said "America Remembers" and it had a picture of sylar on it. Weird. Makes me think he does something big right before the bomb

He is the bomb :ignore:

• 4 weeks later...

I got all excited with that "Volume 2" bit...thought they were doing a 2 hour thing for a second.. <_<

WHY WON'T SYLER DIE!!! DIE ALREADY!!!! OR AT LEAST USE YOUR POWERS TO SHAVE THAT CRAP OFF YOUR FACE!!

ok I'm done

Ok maybe not...can't Peter fly? Why wouldn't he just fly himself up into space? Could he not control his powers at the time do you think?

*spoilers of the finale ahead*

yeah...so that was possibly the dumbest season finale I've ever seen.

Sooooo many things to complain about.

1) DL was dying last episode...by the end of this episode he was standing with his wife and kid just holding his gut like someone had punched him.

2) PETER CAN FREAKIN FLY!!!! Nathan's "sacrifice" was 100% unneccessary.

3) According to everything we know, Peter will live through blowing up because of Claire's ability...which means that even though Nathan died so he wouldn't blow up (which was unneccessary), when Peter gets back down to earth...he will still have Ted Spragues ability and will STILL not be able to control it.

4) Knocking Peter out seems to stop all his powers from working...so when he's about to blow up...just have Nicky punch him already!

5) All this time Sylar has been made out to be a bad-A-mofo...yet he can't stop a silly little Japanese man from running at him with a sword from 20 feet away?

6) Peter and Sylar's big fight basically came down to them staring at each other, one looking tinkled off, the other looking emo. There was probably a grand total of 30 seconds of real action in the entire finale.

There are other things I want to complain about but basically...the finale just felt like a big cop-out to me. It felt as if the writers were just sick of this and decided they wanted to get it over with already so they could move on to Season 2 (which is supposed to have each episode be about a different heroes backstory...which means we don't get to continue this plotline for an entire year.

bleh.

3) According to everything we know, Peter will live through blowing up because of Claire's ability...which means that even though Nathan died so he wouldn't blow up (which was unneccessary), when Peter gets back down to earth...he will still have Ted Spragues ability and will STILL not be able to control it.

Maybe each chunk of him can grow a whole new Peter.

*spoilers of the finale ahead*

yeah...so that was possibly the dumbest season finale I've ever seen.

I was only mildly disappointed. I'm surprised you were so upset. Of course, I missed some episodes, so I want to go through some things:

1) DL was dying last episode...by the end of this episode he was standing with his wife and kid just holding his gut like someone had punched him.
Yeah, but that's the way these things are. If you can't confirm he's dead, you can't make assumptions. I saw that coming a mile away. *shrug* that's just TV. Guess that's not really a question, though...

2) PETER CAN FREAKIN FLY!!!! Nathan's "sacrifice" was 100% unneccessary.

CAN Peter fly? I've never seen him do it (again, missed some eps). I was under the impression he only got powers that were used on him, or whose effects were felt by him (Ted, for example). That doesn't explain Claire, but it better explains how he's missing several powers (possibly flight, time travel, super-Jessica strength, etc.). For that matter, do we know how his "absorb other powers" power works?

And did Nathan die? Remember Noah Bennet and Ted, he had to leave because it burned so badly? I think Nathan dropped his brother at some point (or perhaps burned to death) before Peter went supernova. But I have no problem with him dying, really.

4) Knocking Peter out seems to stop all his powers from working...so when he's about to blow up...just have Nicky punch him already!
Since this has turned into a commentary...Seriously! And what about, "Go back to your family." How about, "Rip him in half and mash the halves into pudding? I'll only take you ten seconds."

5) All this time Sylar has been made out to be a bad-A-mofo...yet he can't stop a silly little Japanese man from running at him with a sword from 20 feet away?

I was under the impression that they intended to say he stopped time successfully but maybe forgot to make the effect clear. Either way, the silly little Japanese man didn't finish the job...WTFizzle?

6) Peter and Sylar's big fight basically came down to them staring at each other, one looking tinkled off, the other looking emo. There was probably a grand total of 30 seconds of real action in the entire finale.

There are other things I want to complain about but basically...the finale just felt like a big cop-out to me. It felt as if the writers were just sick of this and decided they wanted to get it over with already so they could move on to Season 2 (which is supposed to have each episode be about a different heroes backstory...which means we don't get to continue this plotline for an entire year.

It was kind of like a "pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey" style fight, where everyone gets a whack...ONE whack...at Sylar. "Okay, stabbed him with a sword. I'll go over here now." "Hit him with a parking meter, I'm done." That was a bit disappointing. However, with Sylar still alive and things not happening as expected (no bomb, for one) it leaves a lot open for Season 2. It's clear from Future Hiro's work that there are many potential ways for things to go, but it also seemed that the bomb was a linchpin, and missing that...I dunno. I'm not entirely convinced the bomb won't go off in Season 2. Of course, all of the prophetic dreaming / painting makes me think of Classical mythology, where the prophecies themselves drive the ultimate result, so maybe that's why I'm still waiting and can rationalize this all away.

All in all, meh. I liked the ending, but I was expecting a lot more considering all the other action scenes. Five years later was my favorite episode. I want a Sylar / Peter faceoff like that!

I was pretty disappointed too, compounded with the 24's season finale = a pretty crappy Monday night.

The whole Sylar's bloody trail into the sewer was so freaking stupid... Get a another bad guy already!

1. Peter did get Nicki's strength. He was beating the crap out of Sylar at the end there.

2. The little girl mentioned someone who can see her if she sees him; he will be the new nemesis.

2. The little girl mentioned someone who can see her if she sees him; he will be the new nemesis.

I was suprised nobody mentioned this yet. I caught that right away. Turned to my friend and said, "there's season 2"

CAN Peter fly? I've never seen him do it (again, missed some eps). I was under the impression he only got powers that were used on him, or whose effects were felt by him (Ted, for example). That doesn't explain Claire, but it better explains how he's missing several powers (possibly flight, time travel, super-Jessica strength, etc.). For that matter, do we know how his "absorb other powers" power works?

And did Nathan die? Remember Noah Bennet and Ted, he had to leave because it burned so badly? I think Nathan dropped his brother at some point (or perhaps burned to death) before Peter went supernova. But I have no problem with him dying, really.

Yes Peter CAN fly. We've seen him do it back when he THOUGHT he had to be around the person to use their power. It turns out that all he has to do is think about how that person makes them feel and he can use their power. We're led to believe that some powers he just plain gains anyway (for example, when the shard of glass enters his head and "kills" him, when Claire takes it out he clearly is not thinking about how she makes him feel in order to heal because he's not thinking at all).

As for other powers, he did have Hiro's abilities but only ever used them to stop time so maybe he doesn't realize he can Time Travel. He also had never met Nikki until the Finale and he DID pick up her ability right away (notice when he's punching Sylar the sound effects make the punches "bigger").

About Nathan dieing...no we have no idea if he actually died...but his act of sacrifice was completely pointless.

The Nikki thing brings up another strange thing...Nikki had never met Peter OR Sylar...so when she sees them fighting she instantly helps out Peter...even though she didn't know Sylar was a bad guy.

I was under the impression that they intended to say he stopped time successfully but maybe forgot to make the effect clear. Either way, the silly little Japanese man didn't finish the job...WTFizzle?

Well if they intended to show that Hiro stopped time they REALLY failed. I think the writers realized too late that they gave Hiro way too powerful of an ability. If Hiro really did have the ability to stop time then no enemy (except Peter or another person who can control time) is good enough to beat him. He can simply stop time and if he wants, kill them by slicing them into a million pieces with a hacksaw....or even a spoon...he's got the time.

All in all, meh. I liked the ending, but I was expecting a lot more considering all the other action scenes. Five years later was my favorite episode. I want a Sylar / Peter faceoff like that!

Yeah...the ending to this felt like they just wanted to throw everyone together. It would have been fine to basically have Hiro, Nikki and Peter going after Sylar by themselves and could have been awesome. Instead they gave us an overly dramatic "fight" that barely held any fighting.

I don't think you're alone in wanting an all-out slugfest between Peter and Sylar.

but playaa,

have we seen peter use 2 powers at the same time? If he couldn't control stopping from blowing up, maybe he couldn't bring any other abilities out during that time. thus needing Nathan

yes we have seen him use more than 1 power at once, back when he was "training" with Claude. We learned that if he tries to use TOO many of them it can mess with him (remember when he went comatose?) but 2 at once wasn't a problem.

Totally lame finale, I agree, Playaa.

My biggest complaint is just the generic 'un'-cleverness of the whole plot. Nothing new is revealed. Here are my biggest gripes.

1. The whole first part of the season was 'save the cheerleader, save the world'. We later learn that it was Hiro attempting to keep Syler from getting Claire's ability so that he actually kills him when they fight. So what happens. Syler lives anyway. Totally lame!

2. Through the whole season everyone is trying to change events to keep the bomb from blowing up NY. Well when it actually comes down to it, NOTHING they did changed that event. What saved NY was that Nathan decided to listen to his conscience? The whole time everyone is doing everything they can to change this event and then the thing that actually changes it is one guy with no prompting changes his mind? lame!

You could say that Claire saved NY by uttering such deep wisdom when she said "The future is not written in stone". Sheesh!

3. Playaa's point about Peter flying. IF he couldn't fly they never made that clear in the show.

Lastly, the whole premise of Linderman and Pete's mom wanting NY to blow up. I know this wasn't a finale issue but is just lame. It never made sense. It's a precarious position when you main plot point (bomb blowing up) has no reasoning behind it. Blowing up NY will heal the world? Lame!

Lame finale. The show is gripping and well shot. The acting is pretty good, IMO. The writing can be good but utterly horrendous at times.

Edited by ConGregation

Yes Peter CAN fly. ... The Nikki thing brings up another strange thing...Nikki had never met Peter OR Sylar...so when she sees them fighting she instantly helps out Peter...even though she didn't know Sylar was a bad guy.

Thanks for clearing things up. If the episodes are all online, I intend to go back and watch the ones I missed, otherwise the set comes out August 27 or 28, I'll catch up then. Good call on the whole Nikki thing.

Well if they intended to show that Hiro stopped time they REALLY failed. I think the writers realized too late that they gave Hiro way too powerful of an ability.
Dude, that skillset got gimped back in 1.22ish, when Sylar "unfroze" time for himself. Apparently it only works when people aren't expecting it now, or whatnot. Lame. Hiro should totally respec when 2.0 comes out. It looks like they threw in his trainer in 2.0 beta, though, so maybe that's their intent.

Yeah...the ending to this felt like they just wanted to throw everyone together. It would have been fine to basically have Hiro, Nikki and Peter going after Sylar by themselves and could have been awesome. Instead they gave us an overly dramatic "fight" that barely held any fighting.

I don't think you're alone in wanting an all-out slugfest between Peter and Sylar.

Fair enough. You raise valid points, but I didn't really get that wrapped up in it. I think they could have done a lot better, but I was happy with the ending, all things considered. Lame, but at least it wasn't completely WTFizzle.

Of course, maybe Lost was so bad that my standards have fallen that far.

I have to say, I dont think Sylar is alive

I think he died.

Before he died his eyes flashed through all of the people that he has killed, with his mother being one, and then ted and then lastly himself.

Someone or something else took his body imo. I think it goes back to the girl saying there was someone worse than sylar.

I have to say, I dont think Sylar is alive

I think he died.

Before he died his eyes flashed through all of the people that he has killed, with his mother being one, and then ted and then lastly himself.

Someone or something else took his body imo. I think it goes back to the girl saying there was someone worse than sylar.

That's kinda what I was hoping...hopefully the new bad guy shaves more regularly.

Peter couldn't fly because his radioactive power was out of control, making all his other powers dud.

If they hadn't saved Claire, Syler would have survived and allowed Peter to blow up.

The new nemesis is Peter's mother, we still haven't discovered what her powers are (she definitely has some...I can feel it, it's my power). Also don't forget the role the old man Peter used to take care of plays. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back.

All in all I wasn't disappointed at all with this episode. It was more like the episode before this one that was lame. This final episode of the season just tied everything together...it was building up all season, I don't see how you guys didn't see an explosion of events coming? Sure they could have dragged that episode out into 2 or 3 but then we (you) would all be complaining how the writers are just trying to drag it out.

Personally I don't see why they just didn't have a stake they could ram through the back of Peter's head every time he got out of line...then you just pull the stake out when you're ready for more Peter! That would have been too easy though I'm sure.