Looking for DDR2 1066 Deal

ZeroDamage

I would typically chose the G-Skill as well but the Geil has better timings and seems to be very overclockable. I've had Geil before and it worked great. It is a little more than the $110 per g-gig pack from one of the other links but may be better worth my money in the long run.

i don't oc my ram at all. i guess i'm just not into it as much as i used to. i run stock timings 4-4-4-12 at ddr2 800. 4gb is always going to stress your system more so pushing for that last few mhz would be easier on 2gb, though again would be easier on 1gb. at some point you sacrifice oc'ability for capacity.

The way I see it Cujo is that I will start off with nothing but the CPU minorly overclocked and later when I want more performance or what not, I will boost the Memory. From the review at Anandtech, the boost in bandwidth does improve performance but not by much; it is something like 5 fps from the worst RAM they had to the best at the time which was the 1066.