Hot Fuzz

Playaa

Saw Hot Fuzz this weekend. It's by the same people as Shaun of the Dead and boy oh boy was it funny.

The first 3/4ths of the movie is entertaining and funny and would easily have gotten a 3.5 out of 5 from me...but then the last quarter of the movie just turns it ON. Definitely a 4.5 out of 5. The only reason it doesn't get that last .5 is because only 1/4th of the movie is truly great...but don't get me wrong...the rest of the movie is worth seeing but the last 1/4th of the film is truly awe inspiring absurd greatness that may go down as one of the funniest and most absurd pieces of film making of all time.

I was quite literally crying because I was laughing so hard.

I highly encourage you to go check this film out.

p.s. It is absolutely a violent film, just like Shaun of the Dead, but its violence is so over the top that it is hard to take it seriously. However, if you can't handle blood, don't go see this film. If you can handle comedic spouts of bright red blood...you'll love this movie.

I found Shaun of the Dead funnier than this one, but I enjoyed this one nonetheless. I liked the Shaun of the Dead refrenences in this movie (even though I was hoping there would be a few more). I agree with Playaa that the last 1/4th of the movie was the candle on the cake. I absolutely loved it.

I have to say...this was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!!!!!!

I would have agreed with you on the first 3/4 thing too, but when I saw it the second time, I caught a lot more of the subtle things that I missed in the first 3/4 the first time through. The whole thing was bloody great...and bloody to boot! It instantly became one of my favorites.

"By the power of Grayskull!"