GC West Server

alvin

Immutable is back! Although, it's running on a very different platform, game server provider, and very different server settings.

72.37.147.110:27015

Yes, that is the server IP to MY public server! However, after having a little chat with John, i decided to give it to GC to help rebuild Immutable's reputation. The server will stay active until July 22th. If the server is successful we will continue to renew the server policy and the server will stay around for good. :)

The server settings so far:

mp_maxrounds 0

mp_timelimit 25

mp_freezetime 4

mp_buytime .25 (equivalent of 15 seconds)

mp_roundtime 2

mp_startmoney 800 (not 802! :o )

Mani Admin Settings:

Victim Stats = On

Most Destructive = Off

TK Punishment Slay = On

RTV = On @ 65% vote

Votekick = On @ 50% vote

Voteban = On @ 60% vote

Mani Save Score/Money = On (if you reconnect to the server you will get your money and bad score back)

AFK Kick = 3 Rounds

Bounty = On

Betting = On

Dead All Talk = On

Those are the settings I set up for my public server. If you are unsatisfied with any of the settings then politely(and I am dead serious on the politely part) request it be changed or revised by the community. There is also no team stacking limit so all the good players can stack the easy side like usual. However, I give west admins the authority to balance teams! I'm sure admins are allowed to on midwest but I have never seen team balance enforced on there.

My main goal for Immutable is to create a fun and friendly server (like how Immutable was like when i joined GC). I do not care for the competitive aspect. I do not want to see newbs being slayed for running around lost while the timer counts down. I will kick any member that insults a newb (because i see it happen too often). If you are dead set on playing on a competitive server then i'm sorry. I will do what i have to even if i have to restrict P90, AWP, Flashes, anything. Whatever it takes to recreate the friendly environment from long ago.

All GC admins should have admin privileges on Immutable. Reserves should work as well. I will talk to john about setting up PsychoStats v.3. The same GC rules apply as aways but the focus is on a fun and friendly server (I cannot stress this enough). We are still a competitive server but not so much as before. Right now I'm the only one with rcon password, ftp info, and server control panel access. I will talk to john and get it distributed to the lead admins sometime tomorrow at the earliest.

I think I've said enough. Good luck, Have fun.

15 seconds to buy seems fine to me. 4 seconds is a bit short but.. When there is no roundlimit and the mapcycle is time based.. You don't want to spent more than that frozen. The round times are also shorter than retro. It's basically aimed to be faster paced. :)

Mani adverts are running on default settings right now. I'll change it when i get the time or when i see it necessary. I don't want to make a retro clone here. ;)

I'm not sure how much luck you guys got with getting the server populated but.. I jumped on when i got home from work.. No one came on for an hour.. Then my buddie jumped on.. At 1:30 or so we hit 7 people in the server.. One left soon after and we stayed steady at 6 people till 2:30 when i decided to jump off for the night. :)

I'm not sure how much luck you guys got with getting the server populated but.. I jumped on when i got home from work.. No one came on for an hour.. Then my buddie jumped on.. At 1:30 or so we hit 7 people in the server.. One left soon after and we stayed steady at 6 people till 2:30 when i decided to jump off for the night. :)

Well people keep saying how much it sucks that Immutable shut down and how they miss it, so there should be some former regs floating around who're willing to play there. Got an advert with the IP in Retrocedence.

I jumped on around.. er... 1:40am? Early heh :). My ping was a wonderful and snuggly 15. Then I left around 2:30am or so. Alvin hurt me, I got a few good shots at him, but on the whole he hurt me. I think he hacks heh :P.

Shaftiel

I'm using 15 seconds because it is the CAL standard buytime. It's long enough to buy and short enough so you cannot go out throw a grenade and run back for a new one. It can still be done but that varies on your spawn point and how fast you can move. If you are having trouble buying under 15 seconds then you can still use buy scripts. I buy everything i need within 4 without them. That's gun, 2 flashes, HE, armor, and kit.

I'm with Mookie, 4 seconds of freezetime and 15 seconds of buy time is a bit too quick, but that's just because I like the slower pace of Retro.

make a config!!

It takes me a second to see how much $ I got, then what to buy, then hit the keys to buy all my stuff in like 2-3 keystrokes.

They are cool too. :wiggle2:

Midwest players can stick to Midwest. I brought West back because I needed a place to play with better ping and registration. That just wasn't happening for me when I jumped onto Midwest to play. I also wouldn't be happy to see Midwest's traffic suffer from the return of our West server. :)