Improve Targeting-Mouse Sensitivity Adjustment

I just had an epiphany. :unsure: If you can go into console to increase your fov beyond what is offered normally, can you modify your mouse sensitivity also? The settings allow you to jump in steps of .25 for mouse sensitivity. My idea is to adjust the sensitivity to match my hand/eye coordination as opposed to learning to adjust my hand/eye coordination to shoot at a .25 sensitivity step. Fov 80 does help but not quite right.

Any ideas on what to type in console? MSG 1.56 (mouse sensitivity game 1.56)?

My idea could help me but then again make you guys more lethal. Then again most of you are pretty lethal so it should help me more. :peace:

Alright I feel the need for a too-much-info rambling post:

there is a "fov" cmd in the console

so like type fov 86 and it will change it accordingly

in quake there's a "sensitivity" command I'm not sure if they have it in UT or not

you can specify a specific sensitivity by typing it though?? instead of using the arrows to increment by .25

what I'd like to know is can you adjust the pitch and yaw individually in UT.... I like to play with a slightly higher pitch personally, especially for raptors that would rock.

I think messing with your sensitivity on a regular basis however will screw you up more than it will help.. the changes should definately be at the "tweak" level rather than a drastic change. If you are a medium range fighter (flak/rocket/shock combo) a medium sensitivity works out fine. If you are like bush/dark and like to pick which eyeball to shoot out, lower sens is for you.

I also think that the bigger issue is you personally adjusting to the sensitivity specified and not so much adjusting the sensitivity to your own senses. Start with a base and adapt... eventually you want to spend more time worrying about being a fundamentally sound player (node route/node selection, situational weapon usage, teamwork) than messing with sensitivity, hardware, etc. It's nothing but a distraction. If you have it in your head that your sensitivity isn't right you're going to miss a lot of shots.. brain latency!

Also, a lot of people don't take into consideration that your connection to the server plays a gigantic role in how you play. My ping fluctuates by 10-20 ms during a normal week because of the distance/hops I have to travel to get to the server. So most of the time I have to lead my LG shots by 1/2 - 1 full body length, depending on the speed of the enemy. Same thing with rear turret shots, shock rifle pri, etc. Some may mistake that for a sensitivity issue.. missing behind, in front etc.. but for me it's a personal adjustment thing.. which is HARD to master.

Anyway hope some of this helps, and if you really want to get used to your sensitivity faster, play a little deathmatch and get slapped around for a couple hours it helps

+1billion to wentz. That puts you in the lead by only 999 999 992... I think I can catch that by tomorrow night.

He's right though. Im so used to my ping being between 60 and 80 that when it hits 100 i cant hit anything. I can even notice the jump to 90. But that's why it's essential to warm up for like 1/2 hour before a match, so your brain can get used to your ping.

Edited by DarkArchon

But.... your ping isn't doing any compensating... Am I missing something? lol

Last night in our match my ping was 20 higher in their server than ours, and I instantly felt it in the way my shocker handled (shocker written without any accent).

Sorry for being in a bad mood tonight guys.

Man, if you call your mood a bad mood - I certainly don't want to be around when you're in a GOOD mood :biglaugha:

I can't tell how many time you ran me over when you *did* get a manta!

I just had an epiphany. :unsure: If you can go into console to increase your fov beyond what is offered normally, can you modify your mouse sensitivity also? The settings allow you to jump in steps of .25 for mouse sensitivity. My idea is to adjust the sensitivity to match my hand/eye coordination as opposed to learning to adjust my hand/eye coordination to shoot at a .25 sensitivity step. Fov 80 does help but not quite right.

Any ideas on what to type in console? MSG 1.56 (mouse sensitivity game 1.56)?

My idea could help me but then again make you guys more lethal. Then again most of you are pretty lethal so it should help me more. :peace:

Did you ever figure out the command?

If not, here she be:

SETSENSITIVITY #

For example:

SETSENSITIVITY .75