Tookey's video of the week

tookey

So earlier I was talking with NuggZ in vent about source and 1.6 movies. Then Desh said he's been playing cs for 6 years and has never once seen a good movie. Generally lots of competitive players put out good movies of themselves or their team, and good editors put out good clip films with lots of short clips. Watching these movies probably will make you better, and theyre really cool to watch. At the very least itll get you pumped up to play some source and youll do better.

Every Saturday Ill upload another video to my filefront, and you guys can watch it. Ill also add a brief description of the player/team/editor.

This week I've upped a video from Chris "Moffa64" Moffa. He was the first person to teach me how to aim half way decently in source and is a good friend of mine. He's been Cevo-P with Eximius Sports and has been Cal-I with simulation one. Pay close attention to his deagle and his spray control...thats what makes Moffa such an amazing player... I'd be willing to say he has the best deagle in Counterstrike Source.

http://files.filefront.com/Moffa64_avi/;76...;/fileinfo.html (I recommend downloading it and not streaming it for the best quality).

hi tookey.

what were his aim tips?

well...mostly with peeking a corner aim for your reflexes..dont aim straight at the corner... for example...say im at the ct side of alley on de_train...rather than looking straight at the left corner i aim a little to the right and shoot when i see them, this way I dont miss because I was aimed too far forward to match my reflexes....also...his other big tip was aim at the head

Definitely a good player, although it is hard to take the shots of the movie in context. Is that all LAN play? Most of the quality of the opponents seem rather low. Where those shots taken out of 20 hours of gameplay or 2? Makes a big difference when just picking out the "highlights" to see how often someone gets good shots. Almost all of his ak/m4 firings looks like he is nub spraying at quite far distances yet he hits them. One of Sources greatest failings imo.

Definitely a good player, although it is hard to take the shots of the movie in context. Is that all LAN play? Most of the quality of the opponents seem rather low. Where those shots taken out of 20 hours of gameplay or 2? Makes a big difference when just picking out the "highlights" to see how often someone gets good shots. Almost all of his ak/m4 firings looks like he is nub spraying at quite far distances yet he hits them. One of Sources greatest failings imo.

They were all taken from cevo-m or above scrims and matches. There are a few clips against EFG and verge...dont know if you heard of them but at the time of the clips they were the top two North American teams. He isnt a nub spraying, he has amazing spray control. Watch how he moves his crosshair. He isnt cevo-p for nothing, you could learn a thing or two about how to play from him.

umm vega, irl you spray.. you get the kill.. so i hope you do in CS as well..

anyways, good video, great deagle skills. reminds me a lot of Ich's deagling.

With real weapons, ya if your five feet in front of someone and hold down the trigger you will definitely kill someone. At 50+ yards, not so much. In the military I fire an M4 all the time. I have also fired 47's and many other weapons. Two to three round burst's is all you want to do if your not close quarters. Why do you think the current M4/M16 has a three round burst mode and not unlimited? It's because in Vietnam people would literally spray and pray, waste their ammo and accomplish nothing. The statistics of the AK47 in real combat use in countries where they are untrained and spray is laughable. Somewhere along the lines of 80 rounds fired per every intended hit. Thats almost three clips! The rest of the bullets usually hit civilians etc..

They were all taken from cevo-m or above scrims and matches. There are a few clips against EFG and verge...dont know if you heard of them but at the time of the clips they were the top two North American teams. He isnt a nub spraying, he has amazing spray control. Watch how he moves his crosshair. He isnt cevo-p for nothing, you could learn a thing or two about how to play from him.

Tookey what team does he play on? I would like to download a couple demo's of him. Something a little clearer then that .avi. Yes, I know of EFG and Verge. When I played tournamets in Germany a few years back we would keep tabs on the American teams. Found this on gotfrag.com:

CS:S

season 1 - Neuroflux

season 2 - Confederacy/Onlinewave

season 3 - simulationONE (Won cal-main ATL)

season 4 - Justagame

season 5 - Justagame (went inactive mid season)

season 6 - Revived/Eximius CAL-O cent runner ups

- 4th @ dc-lan

season 7 - Eximius