THE OFFICIAL WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TOPIC

[DLM]->Fish

__ Computer

__ Monitor

__ Keyboard

__ Mouse

__ Mousepad

__ Joystick

__ Headphones (please do not bring speakers)

__ Headphones (I put this twice cause several people forget each year)

__ Any external drives you might need

__ All of your cables (power usb ect ect)

__ Network cable (RJ45 at least 10')

__ Install disks for your system (you never know what might happen)

__ Game install and play disks

__ Surge protector or UPS

__ Extension Cord (make sure its 3 prong and 25' long)

__ Your own chair if you want (dont worry we are providing chairs but you might like yours better)

__ Money

__ Your photo id

__ Pop and or Beer

__ Cooler (please mark your name on the top)

__ Snacks (if you want to bring group snacks we will have a table set up)

__ Swimming trunks (if you plan on going to the quarry)

__ Golf clubs

__ Anyone you were supposed to car pool with

2 weeks before Fragfest

__ Update your hardware drivers

__ Update windows and play all the games to work out any bugs

__ Defrag Hard drives

Right before you turn off your computer to pack it up

__ Update Steam and the other games that you have

__ Update your virus software and definitions and run it(you will have to prove you ran your anti-virus before you can plug in to the network)

__ Update spyware programs and run them

If I forgot anything please let me know and I will add it in

Print for an easy check list

Edited by [DLM]->Fish

Are you gonna be out of luck if you don't have a 10 foot RJ45 cable and a 25 foot long extension cord? I think I have the extension cord somewhere around my house (not sure if it's around 25 feet), but I know I don't have a 10 foot network cable.

how much is the 10' network cable? and what anti-virus program should i get (please suggest a free one).

I suggest AVG 7.5 as a virus scanner(whatever the latest version is)

Ad-aware SE Personal for spyware/adware (whatever the latest version is)

both are free downloads.

Edited by Xterminator

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

what if you don't run av software cause you don't get viruses??? :P

if this was 6 months ago that would be the case for me. thankfully with my new job i get free nod32 which is excellent. i'll be selling it for $46.80 CDN (1 yr subscription) to anyone who wants it while i'm there.

i still don't get viruses but i run it just so i can vouch for it to my clients.

edit- i don't recommend spybot to anyone. when removed it doesn't completely clean itself from the computer and leaves a big annoying folder in your docs and settings, app data folder.

Edited by Cujo

There was an ATM in the lobby of the hotel the last 2 years, so I'd guess it'd still be there. Fee was somewhere around $2 per transaction. You'll want enough money either on hand, or accessable from the ATM to get food, drinks (that which you don't bring with you) any for any extra-curricular activities you take part in.

simple answer, :shrug03: I usually don't bring much cash, just get it from the ATM when needed.

There was an ATM in the lobby of the hotel the last 2 years, so I'd guess it'd still be there. Fee was somewhere around $2 per transaction. You'll want enough money either on hand, or accessable from the ATM to get food, drinks (that which you don't bring with you) any for any extra-curricular activities you take part in.

simple answer, :shrug03: I usually don't bring much cash, just get it from the ATM when needed.

a'ight. thanks wolfy

(edited)
how much is the 10' network cable?

For example... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16812609112

14' Cat5e for $1.99 + S&H

If you go to a retail store, you'll pay nearly $20 for the same thing except it will be Belkin or something similar. The truth is that, regardless of brand, it is still copper rated for 1 GB/s run through uninsulated rubber/plastic sheaths. I wouldn't place too much importance on brand.

On a side note, and to add insult to injury, only (I believe) 4 out of the 8 provided wires are used. The less you pay the better value you're getting, basically--and I mean that beyond the obvious reasons.

Edited by Ewerd

• 2 weeks later...
Can I get a confirm from someone that if we have a gameplay PC we do not need to bring any PC related stuff? Other than steamID and cfg?

Might wanna pack your headset, but I think they are included as well. Don't know what headsets they are though.