zBlock

NorgmaN

People who change their game to directx 7 programming, you get less of a flash effect, and less flash time, and sometimes just not flashed. Anyone who plays this game can play on 8.1 plus, otherwise you get 20fps regardless.

You wouldn't run dx_level 8 on a match, but its still allowed on the server...fix pease

Can you explain this too me? I'm not a leet clan player, but I ran DX8 all the time on my X800 Pro. Did I miss a memo? Is DX8 for noobs?

You wouldn't run dx_level 8 on a match, but its still allowed on the server...fix pease

Can you explain this too me? I'm not a leet clan player, but I ran DX8 all the time on my X800 Pro. Did I miss a memo? Is DX8 for noobs?

there are certain commands that can allowing you to not have the full effect of a flash, with dxlevel 81 and higher flashes last alot longer with the blur effect. With 80 and below you dont get the flash effect.

Search for mat_dxlevel in the list.

http://www.cevo.com/index.php?page=div&amp...es#section_4.41

And yes, its the same for CAL and CGS.

I play with OpenGL and sometimes DirectDraw. I hope that is ok.

4.50 Opengl32 Files

For no reason whatsoever should there be an opengl32.dll file in a player's counter-strike or cstrike directory. Any and all such files will be regarded as a cheating violation and will result in a loss, and immediate player termination, and possible team termination.

4.50 Opengl32 Files

For no reason whatsoever should there be an opengl32.dll file in a player's counter-strike or cstrike directory. Any and all such files will be regarded as a cheating violation and will result in a loss, and immediate player termination, and possible team termination.

STR8 TERMIN8ED

4.50 Opengl32 Files

Even your mom knew I was joking. :wiggle2:

It won't let me play it says kicked by console :zblock_"mat_level" value "0.00" below acceptable limit : to play on this server set value to at least "80.00" Can anyone explain how to change this value Thanks Snowman,

Okay maybe im a little nubish but where do I insert or change this value (mat_dxlevel 81) if I cant even get onto the server with out being disconnected Thanks

Load up the game without going into the server, pull up the console like you normally would and put in that command. Then connect to the server.

In order to get into the console, you need to have the console enabled in your settings. There should be a tick-mark box for this in your cs:s settings. Then use the ` key (next to the 1 on the keyboard) to access the console, then follow ZD's instructions.

Hope this helps, and if you already knew how to get to the console, maybe this will help the next person. :D

I am little confused, It is ok to run a lower version of DX to lesson the flash effect? I know when I get flashed it completely washes out the screen for several seconds and then death usally follows. So if I am understanding correctly it is ok to ratchet down DX to shorten the flash effect correct?

I am little confused, It is ok to run a lower version of DX to lesson the flash effect? I know when I get flashed it completely washes out the screen for several seconds and then death usally follows. So if I am understanding correctly it is ok to ratchet down DX to shorten the flash effect correct?

Is it possible, yes

It it fair, no

That is why zblock is on the server. It forces people to use dx level 8.1 or higher, which allows for slower computers as well as evens out the flash effect.

In dxlevel 8.1 they introduced the blurry effect, you know when you come out of the flash and its fadding, the screen is still blurred like you got hit in the head. With dxlevel 80 and lower like 7, you dont get that blur effect and the flash goes away quicker, thus giving an unfair advantage to the people who run that dxlevel