zBlock

NorgmaN

thanks for the explanation M2. I'm more concerned about playing the game as intended so I won't be "dumbing down" my DX level to gain any type of advantage. In a perfect world others wouldn't do this either but if any type of advantage can be gained there will always be those that will exploit it. Like you stated it is possible but is sure does not pass the smell test.

I take back what I said about everything worked out ,the only way I can get into the game is by going into console like zd said and typing in mat_dxlevel 81. That will let me into the game but everthing is so laggy I cant even play and every time I want to rejoin I have to go into console and type it in again. Im running direct X ver.9.0c and I always got flashed in the game why are we implementing this zblock now ? Does anyone know what I can do to fix my problem Thanks Snowman ( ill try reinstalling video drivers and direct X again ) :unsure:

Ok here is how to fix it snowman.

You are lagging because your on direct x 9 like you said but its forcing you onto 8. Most likely before zblock you were always on 9 with just a stupid value in there for mat_dxlevel in your cfg.

Go to your config.cfg and at the bottom put mat_dxlevel 90

That will make sure your hardware and software direct x are at the same value thus not having lag and being able to be in the server.

(edited)

Note, M2's way changes your Graphics everytime you load the game, and can slow down your loading time. This way is optimal for computer speed and quality.

1) Open your games tab.

2) Right click CS:S and go to Properties.

3) Click on set Launch Options.

4) Enter any of the following:

-dxlevel 95 -dxlevel90 -dxlevel 81

into the launch option. (95 is 9.0+, 90 is 9.0, 81 is 8.1 DirectX level.)

5) Hit OK and close out Properties.

6) Load CS:S.

7) Go to Options -> Video -> Advanced

8) The dxlevel you put into your Launch Options should show up under Hardware DXLevel. (9.0+ is dxlevel 95 from #4)

**** NOTE THAT YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS HAVE CHANGED, DO NOT WORRY WE WILL FIX THAT ****

9) Apply Advanced settings and hit OK all the way out to your Menu Screen, and Quit.

10) Go back to Launch Options and delete the -dxlevel ** command.

11) Re-launch CS:S and change your video setting to what you want.

12) Enjoy killing kids.

That should clear up everything, permanently because you won't need to put this command in any other time.

And thanks to Mookie for putting it on, I laugh everyday I get on and see someone get kicked for using dxlevel 60 :D

I knew people were taking advantage of this game.

Edited by NorgmaN