Tunnel Vision

(edited)

Recently, I have had horrible aim. I have tried everything including changing my name to novICE to see if GC members are fragging me just as often or just experienced in the fragging of MaDPaT from my specific playing style.

I have been adjusting fov, mouse settings, ingame settings, etc. Always trying to get something that works with my hand eye coordination to hit fast moving targets like Dark, Bushwack, and Wentz. I have finally come to the conclusion that in deathmatch mode I am rather weak but at distance I am much better. I am more comfortable sniping. I have relagated myself to fov 80. True, it is tunnel vision but I have something larger to hit and my hit/miss ratio has drastically improved. I mean like a factor of 4. I got 32 helbender turret hits and a few of them were multi kills in 3 seconds. Helps that vehicles and opponents have low health from previous damage from others. The number of people on foot was sick. I got a few of them on first strike. If I miss gc guy and give my position away, I may as well kiss me and my helbender good bye. I can even do shock combos in a limited way.

True, you have no peripheral vision left or right, but when Wentz is charging you do you want a small bodied Wentz or a larger one to hit? I still get killed alot but I am atleast fragging experinece players on the occasion. I could switch fov back and forth with my nostromo but do not want to hurt my aiming.

What do you guys think?

Edited by MaDPaT

I think that hellbender sniping is annoying and I'm going to start lacing your truck with grenades before you get in it.

To each his own man.. do what works and what is fun. Personally I like to do a little of everything and use what i got on me at the time. I can't stand anything below about 94 fov... makes me feel like I'm fat and slow. As for the ground combat... you gotta understand at any given time on Nep, SCK, or others you could be playing with some of the top players in the country and regardless of how good your config/hardware is... you'll still get popped a lot. Happens to everyone.... some of these guys play all day every day and it's all robotic. plus a few of our guys played more deathmatch intensive games prior to this and are used to flying through the air pulling off crazy haxlike moves.

main thing is that it stays fun and entertaining... get too mixed up with being statistically perfect and you'll end up with a job, not a hobby!

Echoing Wentz -

Take it easy!

If you were on the other night you would have heard comments from multiple people exclaiming that they couldn't hit

anything - and these were from people that take great glee in going after Pat's twin beams. :)

Seriously though - we all go through periods of suckage. Just remember that when Dark gets back and try to beat

him into submission (something everyone would have fun with I'm sure). And if Dark reads this, I'm sure that he

will have more fun with me. Then I'll really have to change my name to Dark's Target. :)

I was on the other night Dingy. You fragged my helbender on Arctic enough that I decided never to use helbender on that map. Helbender better on some maps than others. I am looking into sniping stationary mantas with lightning to get fragged opponent but usable manta.

Recently, I have had horrible aim. I have tried everything including changing my name to novICE to see if GC members are fragging me just as often or just experienced in the fragging of MaDPaT from my specific playing style.

I have been adjusting fov, mouse settings, ingame settings, etc. Always trying to get something that works with my hand eye coordination to hit fast moving targets like Dark, Bushwack, and Wentz. I have finally come to the conclusion that in deathmatch mode I am rather weak but at distance I am much better. I am more comfortable sniping. I have relagated myself to fov 80. True, it is tunnel vision but I have something larger to hit and my hit/miss ratio has drastically improved. I mean like a factor of 4. I got 32 helbender turret hits and a few of them were multi kills in 3 seconds. Helps that vehicles and opponents have low health from previous damage from others. The number of people on foot was sick. I got a few of them on first strike. If I miss gc guy and give my position away, I may as well kiss me and my helbender good bye. I can even do shock combos in a limited way.

True, you have no peripheral vision left or right, but when Wentz is charging you do you want a small bodied Wentz or a larger one to hit? I still get killed alot but I am atleast fragging experinece players on the occasion. I could switch fov back and forth with my nostromo but do not want to hurt my aiming.

What do you guys think?

So now we know that novice is the new target! :biglaugha:

Sounds like you like to shoot at people when they are not looking or are preoccupied. But really, it's easier to nail a hit like that then if you were trying to dodge their hits at the same time. Some maps you can bender snipe forever and no one cares and at other times they seek revenge. Communications are your worst enemy. you can snipe forever on a server like SCK where there are no voice chat but you might not last long on our server if your enemy knows how to use the mic. Just boils down to who you play and where.

Connection has a lot to do with missing your target also. Be it your ISP or someone elses on the server.

But a in the wize wordz of Wentz, play to have fun. And if you ever feel the need...play on a demo server. :biglaugha:

(edited)
Sounds like you like to shoot at people when they are not looking or are preoccupied. But really, it's easier to nail a hit like that then if you were trying to dodge their hits at the same time. Some maps you can bender snipe forever and no one cares and at other times they seek revenge. Communications are your worst enemy. you can snipe forever on a server like SCK where there are no voice chat but you might not last long on our server if your enemy knows how to use the mic. Just boils down to who you play and where.

Connection has a lot to do with missing your target also. Be it your ISP or someone elses on the server.

But a in the wize wordz of Wentz, play to have fun. And if you ever feel the need...play on a demo server. :biglaugha:

"Shooting people when they are not looking......." My motto is "When facing better players be extremely sneaky". I have an idea, when you are about to shoot me give me a heads up before so I know where you are. I feel that your parking of our raptor directly over my helbender would not be as effective with a little warning :luxhello:

Do you know how hard it is to hit someone with helbender when they are aware of you? Experienced players I find are impossible to hit when they are aware of you. Hard enough when they are deathmatching at a node dodging but possible. Takes about 3 tries to hit someone. Only way I can kill Wentz. They take the incoming fire that misses as fire from dueling opponent nearby. I agree communication by other team members a major problem to helbender sniping so need to move around. My priority is to kill vehicles like mantas, raptors, helbenders, and wound tanks (since they kill me) as well as (attempted) node suppression.

Edited by MaDPaT

(edited)

Always remember that the bender is a support vehicle. As its been said, some maps are more bender friendly than others. Arctic is not a bender friendly map, to small, no time to charge twins and shocks are only good for kamakazi runs. If your gonna use the bender for snipe take the good shot rather than the quick one. Raptors will figure it out after the first shot when they are flying and all of a sudden change direction in mid air, its the first sign of bender beams. You only need half charge on the second shot to take down a raptor.

Ground troops are tricky, take the extra second or two to follow their movements and hit em on the down side of a jump. As Wentz said, the skilled players are gonna be hard to hit regardless so you may want to focus on a vehicle instead. Once they spot you, best thing to do is bail and move on to something else. Shock balls are always close range and remember that you don't always have to throw out 3 or 4 balls before you ignite them. Flitter likes to swoop down on me and then bail out to hit me with rocket or whatever. As he is falling I change seats, pop out a ball and blow it before he hits the ground. Another thing to remember is that 90% of players out there don't care to hijack the bender because they won't use it. So don't worry about bailing out of it to stay alive.

Dont' forget the Scorpion either, a bunch of short shots of the chain that fills up the node area is a great help. When you see half a dozen short chains filling the area, oponents are bound to walk into them and even a short one takes out about 20 to 30% life points on a player. Come up behind a tank with a full chain, release it and then release 2 or 3 short ones and the tank is pretty much down.

I'm with you Pat, not a good DM'er so I need to figure out how to use the vehicles to my advantage. Oh ya, and don't forget-----WENTZ HACKS!!!! :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

Edited by Primus

I will remember this Primus. I found that on crossfire all I do is support in helbender. It is kind of like a cartoon during scrims. Darks movie he made shows all the gc guys flying squishing shooting building. Reminds me of the tazmanian devil that spun around visiting destruction on everything in those Bugs Bunny cartoon. Needless to say, the other team doesn't know what hits them. All I am doing is sniping center node with helbender. I look like I belong to the second olympics with what I support on that map. By the time I move my helbender after center node locks, I am lucky to frag anyone on the other team before the game ends.

I am trying something new on Crossfire. I find a snipe point that does not give me a wide range of fire but is focused on a well traveled path. Only get one shot in but they have no clue where it came from. How much charge to frag someone on foot I am still looking into. You are mentioned as being sneaky at helbender sniping so will like your info on it. Two helbenders sniping can really do damage to an opposing teams movement. It is hard to get guys on foot but large maps and no vehicles mean they have to hoof it and take longer to make an impact against us.

MP,

Every ant plays a role. Each map maybe the ant's role changes. Ants will play and ant play will change in the colony.

And some of us don't even get to play with the other ants, cuz we're locked outside the colony, because, an antlion (insect that attacks ants)--and for argument sake, we'll call that antlion, oh...uh...mediacom--that antlion has blocked the lone ant's only entrance back to the colony. So all he can do is play with lower class "bot ants" in some super lame imitation of what a real colony looks like.

So...in conclusion...

we're all ants.

Edited by Tek-Almighty