Allanon and FragFest (real one)

Allanon

Well since so many people are writing about their FragFest experiences, I'd figure I'd talk about mine.

First of all, for those who don't know or remember this was my first real FragFest as last year I got sick around midday Saturday and spent the rest of the time in my room watching re-runs of Cops.

Friday: I got in around 4:00-4:15 after cleaning up at a computer camp where I was a CIT (now I know how annoying and frustrating it must be for Fatty and all the staff to pack up the entire ballroom... you guys rock!) and had everything setup by 5:30. Well I wasted no time in saying hi to everyone, though I sadly did not meet some of the old regs like Mav (who I had seen at GC's escape lan party) till after opening ceremonies. Of course as I was starving as hell, as I had not had much to eat for a few days, I decided to order more then enough pizza for an entire country and bought an entire sheet pizza for myself. For some reason I thought that the pizza was going to be much smaller then it was and had problem finishing even half of it. Also I did not realize there was a fridge in the makeshift cafeteria until the next day. My apologies for making food runs a big pain. I had tons of fun fragging it out in the pub servers even if I did get my butt handed to me 9 times out of 10. I unsuccessfully tried to play Dawn of War with Mav, Slaughter, and Mav's cousin-in-law (sorry forgot his name) until we realized that we had 4 hard computers vs. us 3 rusty n00bs. I finally went to bed around 2:00 and slept until 12:00 the next day, missing breakfast.

Saturday: Tons and tons of fun, playing CS:S, Guitar Hero II (and sucking at it), Super Smash Bros, UT2004, BF2, as well as other games. Managed to order more food for myself again with for some reason 3 KFC meals, 1 which I was able to not take, and another which Wolfsblood thankfully bought off of me. However thankfully for dinner I ordered just the right amount. Next year I'll get everything right, I promise! Everything else was great, and a big thanks again to the staff for organizing FragFest, and to all the people that I had lots of fun hanging out with... (my apologies if I forget to mention anyone) Monthos and his crew (Grinner, Pewpmaster, Poodude), Soapdish and Shrop, Anonymo, Ebil, Dragonfire and Bushmaster, Playaa, Shadowdog and his friend Ibanez (sorry you got sick man, that's a bummer ugh.gif ), Tyranus and Tut, Mav and Slaughter as well as Mav's cousin-in-law, Xterminator, Warox I think?, the escape employee Mike/Krypto for setting up Super Smash Bros., Shaftiel, E-Werd, Tracid, and of course my good buddy Chimmpp.

Hopefully some of us in Ohio can get together for a smallish lan like last year at Escape or wherever... it was great fun last year.

Hopefully I didn't do anything stupid this year, but besides that it was tons and tons of fun at FragFest 07, hope to see you all next year.